Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger

Honing a female receptacle

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Oscarvan, Jul 17, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Senior Member

So I got 4 nice SS swivel wheels for my Marquipt boarding stairs, alas the shaft of them is 7/8 and the tubes on the stairs are 13/16. They are worbled out a little at the end which is where I THOUGHT i had 7/8. So the new ones go in 1/4" and that's it.

I have three choices.

1 Buy the correct wheel$$$$
    2 Make the tube larger by 1/16" Don't really want to do that as it is already not the thickest wall aluminium (hence the worbling).
    3 Reduce the shaft size. Problem here is that it's peened on to the wheel assembly and there is no way I'm chucking it up in a lathe.

So what I am looking for is the female version of a honing tool. You know, the one we used to use to clean out brake cylinders.....

Anyone have and idea for something I can chuck up in a drill to cut down a SS shaft a hair?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

You're really asking for more trouble than it's worth. I can't think of anything to do that.
  3. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Geez- from the title, I expected a totally different subject. So disappointing
    johnnry and mapism like this.
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thread has been re-titled for better indexing and moved to the technical forum.
    GPO likes this.