Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Walker

Holding Tank Level Sensor

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Greg Page, Aug 11, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Greg Page

Greg Page Active Member

Information post if anyone else is looking to add one.

Just installed the LIST TM-322 multi-level holding tank sensor in our 1989 Post 43. The tank is under the lower guest bunk and pretty easy to access.

For a simple installation I opened the wire chase in the corner of the bunk by the hallway. Made the cutout for the display through the bunkroom/hallway wall inside the wire chase. I put the readout at the same level as the galley counter so it is easy to read/operate standing in the galley, (and it was in a spot where the AC coolant lines ran to the opposite side of the chase). It is just above the trim rail on the hallway wall.

The display has a soft blue backlight on the "read" touch button, which would be annoying in the bunkroom. Was able to tap into the power for the existing 12V lights. Added one hole at the bottom inside the wire chase to route the cables to the tank sensors from the display. I put the sensors (stick on) on the far end of the tank (hull side) as there is more room to work there.

Simple installation, took about a hour. The only "glitch" was finding out how to adjust the sensor for the thickness of our holding tank wall. Made a call to the US help phone, who put me in touch with the engineer who designed it. A bit of English to English translation (he is in Ireland) to learn how to adjust the sensors and all looks great.

-Greg
    Stainless45 likes this.
  2. Stainless45

Stainless45 Active Member

Nice... Definitely going to do this
  3. Greg Page

Greg Page Active Member

Panel in hallway, your height may vary depending on how the AC lines allow clearing the back of the sensor - g

Attached Files: