Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn

help needed: fuel pump for MAG 350

Discussion in 'Engines' started by nacho, Aug 10, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. nacho

nacho New Member

Hello folks. I need some help to put by boat back in order. I was the happy owner of a 2005 Monterey 268SS until the fuel pump broke just at the beg of my holiday season (sh...happens I guess). I have been doing extensive investigations and I have not been able to find any spare part in Europe (part num 866169A01 or complete set 864650A05). I would be very grateful if anyone at YF could give an indication of where to find this part in Europe, or alternatively if you know of any service in the US that deals with Merc parts and can ship them to Europe quickly.

Regards

Nacho
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Try Googling under Mercruiser. You should be able to find this part through Sea Ray or many other service depts.
  4. nacho

nacho New Member

problem solved

Thanks for your suggestions. I managed to by-pass the local Merc distributor (who was telling me there was not a single spare unit available in Europe) and contact directly Merc central distributor for Spain (Madrid). They were highly responsive and while they don't normally deal directly with individuals, they identified one part available in Belgium and courier to my port in less than 24 hours. I am indeed very grateful to Merc central distributors and not so grateful to their local dealer in Alicante area. Now I am a happy boater again, weather and sea conditions are just perfect. I will upload some pictures when back home so you can have a taste of our coastline.