Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for Walker Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport

Hatteras Yacht Owner or Buyer?

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 16, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

If you are a Hatteras yacht owner or buyer, our online yachting magazine can provide information to help you. YachtForums brings you the latest news from Hatteras yachts, including the most recent yacht & ship launches, company news, archive pictures, and recommendations on restoring, re-fitting, updating or upgrading Hatteras yachts.

Please take a moment to register. Then, post a thread in the Hatteras Forums and tell us about a yacht you've owned, a boat you intend to buy, yachts for sale or a yacht you have worked on. Please feel free to upload pictures, share a story, cruise destinations or marina information.

We'd all like to hear from you and we'll look forward to your participation on Yacht Forums, a website for yacht owners, yacht brokers, captains, crews and enthusiasts of yachts, super yachts, mega yachts and big boats with diesel engines!

We're glad to have you onboard!
  2. jcchev

jcchev New Member

looking for 48 Hatteras YF

I'm searching for a 48 Hatteras YF and would like to hear from anyone who either has one available or who knows of one that might be available. Otherwise, I would be interested in other quality aft cockpit yachts in the 48 through 53 range under $200,000

Thanks,

jcchev
    Folsom, LA
  3. cwatridge

cwatridge New Member

Available boats

We have our 53 Hatteras ED docked in a private club just east of Florence Alabama. The club is Turtle Point Yacht & Country Club. There are 2 boats for sale in the marina. One is a 53 Hatteras Yachtfish in the 1978 vintage I believe. It looks nice and has had a fair amount of work for upgrades. I am not aware of its service record. The owner lives in Florence.

The other boat is a 1988 Chris Craft 501. The owner died suddenly of a heart attack at age 51. He and I were great friends and we boated together most weeks. His wife owns the boat and she is not equipped to handle the boat. When Tim bought the boat he wanted a boat that was affordable and one he could have projects. He took the survey and worked progressively on the identified issues. He and I spent a lot of time working together on each other's boat. I know this boat pretty well and feel it is in good condition. The engines are Detroit Deisels 6V92 Turbos with 550 HP. They were refit prior to his purchase and have less than 500 hours - they run like tops. He put in flo scans for the flybridge and has new ICOM radios with slaves up/down. He has a computer on board with a GPS. No radar. Good depthfinder. Bowthruster. Davit up to 600 lbs. The carpet has some stains and may need to be replaced. If I didn't already have my boat I would buy it.

Let me know if you have further interest in either of these.
    Clarence
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Lol.. i hope jcchev found his dream boat...he posted that 4 1/2 years ago :)