Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross

Hatteras GT60

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by Shin, Aug 4, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Shin

Shin New Member

currently an owner of 07' 54 and loving the ride quality. Thinking about moving up within a few years. My first choice is GT60 later than 2010. any pros and cons that you can share please? the reason that I am trying to move up is that I don't like the fuel transfer thing and I want two gens on my next boat.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Your first choice would be mine as well. The hulls on the GT series were designed by Don Blount. The 60 is the sweet spot in the GT series. YF's Loren Schweizer, who worked as both an engineer and sales manager for Bertram for 20 years, wrote one of the most in-depth reviews ever published on the boat...

https://www.yachtforums.com/review/hatteras-60gt-sportfish.25252/
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I've run several GT 60's. They're a good running boat, stable etc. The new 59' GT uses the same hull as the GT 60'. 1650 HP C32's they run 32 knots.
  4. Shin

Shin New Member

Thanks for the link. This is a great review!
  5. Shin

Shin New Member

Hello Capt J, I bought 54 through the recommendations you wrote here. Remember me sending you a thank you note?:) Your opinion matters to me a lot. Thank you!
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

No problem, thank you. The 60' has a bigger boat feel than the 54' as far as ride goes. 60' feels more stable and slower movements, whereas 54' feels a bit more nimble I guess you can say.
  7. Shin

Shin New Member

Very excited. Thank you. Boats are my fuel to work. GT60 it is then.
  8. Jpr

Jpr New Member

Old thread revival here but was curious to ask. Read two marlin magazine reviews of the GT60, the latest of which seems to imply that there production updates to the GT60 that further reduced the weight of the boat after around 2010 or 11? It would be strange that they reviewed the same boat twice.