Click for JetForums Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

Hatteras 58 YF

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by Kafue, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Hello Gentlemen,
    Was going to ask this question a few days ago, however got caught up in the Bertram 630 thread and lost a day or so! The depth of knowledge, technical and maritime is incredible. As always I am also comforted by the fact I realise I am not the only "boat tragedy" out there who must either be on, reading about, planning for, or crying about boats!
    Thanks for a GREAT site.
    Now the question: Last year I had to sell my Offshore 58, which I had bought in Fort Lauderdale and shipped over. The broker from Northrup and J was terrific as was the seller, & all involved at Fort Lauderdale. So the idea of importing another vessel is attractive for me. I am in a search for a way to get the best boat to replace the Offshore at my new GREATLY decreased budget. The more I looked, the more I am interested in a Hatteras 58 Yacht Fish. I see they range in price from $100,000 to $250,000. Shipping costs to Aus are approx $55K. What should I look for and look out for on these vessels? Age does not concern me, prefer an old, much used, well maintained boat to a younger unused boat. Any advice, or sources to find a good one would also be appreciated. Have emailed a few brokers on Yacht World who have these. Thanks in advance.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You might want to send a PM to Pascal. He's your man on this. From my experience there's just nothing bad to say about this boat. They've been great livaboard and charter vessels.
  3. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Thanks I'll do that. I see he is also active onm the Hatteras Forum
    Have a good Christmas break.