Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service

Has Signor Zema built one of these yet?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by catmando, Apr 25, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. catmando

catmando Senior Member

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Good link Catmando! Thank you!! Absolutely LOVE this concept. Could be the future of... houseboats?

I'm sure there are considerations I've overlooked, as I didn't read the article in it's entirety, but some issues that come to my feeble mind include running aground, algae growth, etc.

Maybe they have addressed these issues. Still... VERY cool concept. :)
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Looked a little closer at the renderings now. I see the keel that encapsulates the underwater bubble, so that's been addressed. The need for a dedicated mooring facility would be a challenging obstacle (cost!). Otherwise, a truly creative concept.
  4. catmando

catmando Senior Member

"Houseboats" ROFL :D :D :D

I see this concept as a platform for new ideas in power and propulsion also. With the accelerating use of oil by India and China, we need radical new breakthroughs.

Carl I can't remember where I found that link. It's **** getting old. :( :(
  5. catmando

catmando Senior Member

However I DO remember reading that article and thinking wow I wish I had the money to buy one. With my new investment program I will have the money soon. :) :)

Your remark about docking is very astute. How would just ONE be docked?? The dock itself would cost a million dollars!! :eek: