Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for Delta

Guys is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Matt46post, Jul 26, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Matt46post

Matt46post Senior Member

i have a L shaped couch on the port side of my salon ,I added a lower helm starboard side and I have a helm seat on a pedistal,there is room for a good size arm chair in the starboard aft corner of the salon, I am considering building a four legged stainless chair stand that can be hooked to the floor , like you see four legged tall helm chairs hooked hook to the helm sole,I was thinking about putting my fighting chair on the stand in the salon and using as a chair when I am not fishing and putting a table on the fighting chair pedistal on the aft deck and swap them out as needed
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

BAD idea. A fighting chair is WAY too heavy and bulky to be moving in and out of your boat.
  3. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

Pompanette used to offer something similar as you have mentioned, a helm chair on a 4-legged base. The fighting chair itself, not including the full base/pedestal is not too difficult to handle on those occasions you mention.

Curious why the lower helm, we used to have one of the other (three??) 46 Posts on the West Coast?
  4. Matt46post

Matt46post Senior Member

I can pick up the chair and take it off the pedistall by myself ,putting on a pedistal or custom legs for it would be a two man job, but it's not that difficult to do,
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Getting it through most salon doors is the tricky part, without banging up the woodwork or paint.