Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for Comfort Click for Westport Click for Mulder

Gianetti Navetta 19 meter, looking for review and build info

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by BFOD, Jan 7, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. BFOD

BFOD New Member

I am looking to buy a used Gianetti Navetta 19, would like to have some user feedback.

1. Is this a quality build yacht?
    2. How is the hull made under and above the waterline? Full GRP or sandwich core.
    3. General user comment
    4. Is this a true semi-displacement hull and hence stable at hull-speed or is it a planing hull. I like to go slow (8-10knts) for long distance but fast if needed (15-18 knt).
    5. The boat is classified CE class A, but is this a true offshore vessel?
  2. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Senior Member

Sounds Italian?
  3. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Yep, Italian she is.

Following the OP points:
    1. Average
    2. I believe GRP up to the w/line and sandwich above, but I can't be positive about it. Easy to check upon survey, anyhow.
    3. Sorry, never actually cruised with one.
    4. Yes, SD hull. Pretty decent at 8 to 10kts, but you might be disappointed if you also want to cruise at 18kts.
    That depends also on engines to some extent, but as I recall she could barely reach 15/16 knots max with the Cat C9, which realistically means a cruising speed not faster than 12/13 kts, and burning fuel like there's no tomorrow.
    5. It sort of depends on what you mean by true offshore vessel, but my short answer has to be no.
    Surely not based on the CE-A certification alone, which is almost meaningless in this respect.
    And I don't think they built any with continuous duty rating engines, which is just one of several features I'd expect to find in a proper passagemaker.
  4. BFOD

BFOD New Member

Yes i have seen the boat, a massive very heavy boat with oversized cleats and all hydraulic stern, bow winch.
    I looks like a short 23 meter yacht :)
    Great layout with 3 large showers, very different from other 55-60 ish boat
    CAT-C9 - 575 hp with V-drive and full load 41 metric ton.

Very nice boat 62 feet,
    Yes SD with keel,
    using the boatdiesel.com calculator 18 knots only down hill, continuous cruise 14 knots. Very close to the Fleming 55
    There are versions with 800hp Volvo Penta but 41 ton is not light.

I am a afraid for resale potential, she is 2012 but is not well known in the market.

My offer price will very likely be to low, but it will reflect the market acceptance of this boat.

So continuing my search for alternatives before a shoot my offer price.

See my next posts on alternatives and please any comment is well appreciated