Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Delta Click for Mulder

GA's and floor plans needed (aprox 65m-85m)

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Jabor, Sep 21, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Jabor

Jabor Member

Hey guys

I'm trying to find GAs and/or floor plans of yachts anywher between 65m to 85m, just as a way to understand how superyachts are packaged and all the volumes dedicated to each of the areas. I have these so far:

Anastasia (Hi-res)
    Alfa Nero (Lo-res)
    Cloud 9 (Lo-res)
    Amnesia (Lo-res)
    Oasis (Hi-res)

If you'd have any Hi-res/PDFs of any yacht that size, it would really help me if you'd send them to me. I'm looking mainly into any of the oceAnco line-up, or maybe some rarities like some of upper top-100 ones... But anything really would be helpful!

You can even private message-me on that. I'm just a student trying to understand yacht design and these files will not be published or distributed to anyone. Really.

Thanks a lot guys, and have a great week!
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Jabor, when I am making a GA, I do it from my ideas and not until it is finished, I compare with other designs. When it comes to 80 meter yachts, it is the clients ideas that should be translated, as it is so much space to use for personal preferences. You are usually not filling it with guest cabins.

So the bigger the yacht is, the more personal the GA will be. It is below let´s say 60 meter you will find more normal GA:s. Eventhough they can be twisted as you like...
  3. Jabor

Jabor Member

Hey AMG!

That's very good advice! But don't worry, I'm not really basing my design into others, I just want to have an idea about, for instance, the volumes of the rooms, the volumes of tenders, how much space does engine room/tanks take in the hull, where are the tenders positioned and why, how much space does crew need, why some helicopters land on the bow and others on the stern...

After looking at all that, I can start to understand how big is this exactly going to be and how much volume will each "space" require and where will I place them based on my user's profile. But thanks a lot for the comment!
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Instead of looking for someone to bring your GA's try searching the ISS PDF files for some of the yachts you are asking. I do not garantee that you can get these in High Rez as per what Lars was telling you. Bigger yachts are more private.
  5. Jabor

Jabor Member

What's an ISS file?
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

This is why yacht designers are repeating the mistakes made by others...:D
  7. Jabor

Jabor Member

Ouch... :D

So you think I should start from scratch?
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, then you will learn from your own mistakes....;)

But really, try to figure out the best solution for every area. Pretend you are the guy working in the laundry 18 hours a day with no daylight or being the waitress walking with trays in circular stairs underway...
  9. Yacht News

LOL! Lars!
  10. Yacht News