Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Glendinning

Gangways/Boarding Platforms

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by amoroso, May 3, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. amoroso

amoroso New Member

help

My wife and I recently purchased a 54' Hatteras this has been a dream of ours

for a long time. We love to cruise the SF bay and calif delta. My question is, having

elderly parents and friends it is hard for them to climb a ladder to board the boat.

Do you folks know of any company that specilizes in boarding platforms or boarding

ladders (stairs) gainways Any info on this would be greatly welcome thank you
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

There's a woman, who I've met and spoke with each year at the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale shows, that is marketing a gangway made out of lightweight "Star-Board". It's white with non-slip adhesive strips. For the life of me, I can't remember her name and I know I saw her ad next to ours (on the same page!) in Boating Magazine. I've looked at the issues in my office, but I can't find it.

Anybody remember the company name here? She won an award a couple of years ago by (I think!) the NMMA for this product and I believe her facility is in South Florida.

I don't know where my memory is. If anybody has seen it, please return it to me. :D