Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

Galley maid sanitation

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by jd steelman, Jun 3, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jd steelman

jd steelman New Member

anyone know if galley maid has distributors and service on the east coast of va or md ?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Try their website or calling them. What is your issue or what do you need? They are still in business but haven't come up with a new product in decades.
  3. jd steelman

jd steelman New Member

Trying to update the heads and think maybe one of the pumps maybe trashed bought an 1984 oceans 55 ss got all systems up and running except the sanitation system figured I would just get them to redo it if they had some support distributors in my area
  4. jd steelman

jd steelman New Member

I just emailed them we'll see what happens
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

RAZ marine,in FTL I think, is also a good source of rebuild pumps.

You may have to call GM, they re an old fashioned company :)
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I'd swap it out for a complete new Raritan toilet for about the same money as a rebuilt galley maid motor and never look back!!!!!!!!!!!

$800 including everything, just hook 2 power lines to it, mount the flush switch, hook up a freshwater supply and the sanitation house, bolt to the floor and GO. Make sure to get the tall one with the elongated bowl though. I put 2 of these in a boat that I managed for 3 years that used to have an OLD sealand system with the vacuum pill bottles, and we never had a single issue again.
    https://www.westmarine.com/buy/raritan--marine-elegance-toilet--13812755?recordNum=1
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

We work on old Hatteras and Oceans with these heads. As Skippy J says above, move on to current technology and live easy & well.
    The rotors, stators and seals will kill you in maintenance on the below deck pump. The new heads are a blessing.
  8. Ormond Bert54

Ormond Bert54 Senior Member

After replacing my 3 galley maid head pumps TWICE with horrible results, I made the decision to replace the system with current technology. I chose the Raritan Atlantis heads. I have had ZERO issues with them and it was one of the best changes I made for the boat. Also turned one of the 3 bathrooms into a laundry room as 3 heads on a 54' boat seemed like overkill.