Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show Security

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by gooddeal, Oct 30, 2003.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. gooddeal

gooddeal Guest

The numbers of Super Yachts and Mega Yachts on display at the 2003 Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show is staggering! We cruised around the docks last night and came up along side the "Capri", only to be run off by show security! Appearently, they thought we were planting mines on hulls or trying to steal a super-yacht! Please! I can understand tight security, but a couple of guys and a couple of girls on a yacht tender doesn't exactly look like a terrorist act.

Just my .02 cents.

Good Deal
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I can understand the need for boat show security... somebody quietly slipping in from the docks or boarding a boat and... stuff comes up missing! BUT... some of these security guys don't use any common sense and treat boaters who are simply observing, as... criminals. If you did a background check on some of these security guys... they're propably the ones with criminal backgrounds. "Show Security"... there's an oxymoron!:D