Click for Northern Lights Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta

Force10 electric galley range...HELP!

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by stacysmom1970, Mar 30, 2015.

1. stacysmom1970

stacysmom1970 New Member

I have a 1967 43ft. Hatteras motor yacht. It has the original Force 10 electric range in it and I can't get it to work. We have tried everything, we have power because the oven bulb comes on but burners and oven will not heat up. Tried calling company but they told me to call Canda. Any ideas? thank you in advance for any help
    Pamela
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Call the company and ask, It will probably be a lot easier to get the correct information rather than asking that question on here.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I don't know many houses that still have the same electric range from 1967. Getting parts should be near impossible, and I wouldn't trust anyone but a professional considering the consequences. That means it's probably cheaper and a lot safer to replace.
  4. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

The marina may be able to recommend a local appliance guy to look at your stove. While he may not be able to get parts easily, he could tell you what you need to get. You take that info to the factory, they confirm or deny the existence of said parts. If they are available, the factory may sell directly to you or suggest a retailer that you can purchase from. If the parts do not exist, see post #3. Good Luck.
  5. Belle

Belle Member

We bought the one next door to us and it had like entire kitchen like that. The lady was still using them till she had to go to assisted living two years ago. I don't like appliances older than me. But we bought it for defensive measures so no problem. But even the brands that are still alive and you think are the same, aren't, as they've been sold and moved and such.
  6. Chasm

Chasm Senior Member

Depends on the fault and what parts were used.

As far as appliances like electric ranges (and washing machines) go some parts are VERY generic. Across a dozen brands, across dozens of models per brand.
    Fist step is to find the fault, then ID the part, then find it or a same fit and function replacement.