Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Perko

FlexVision flip down television

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Waterhog, Jun 17, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Waterhog

Waterhog New Member

In our 2005 Carver Voyager the guest stateroom has a flip down dc television made by flex vision. When at dock and hooked up to the cable tv this television will only show channel 1-13.

I have the menu set to cable and have tried auto tune as well as manuel programming. I have a hard time believing that a 2005 model television in flat screen would only be able to have 13 channels??

There is no mention of anything in the manuel other than set to cable.

For me this is a non issue, but if anyone has teenagers they will feel my pain. Dave
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yes a 2005 tv will only get 13 channels with modern digital cable. Most cable companies have gone to digital and made it so that you need to have that cable companies box to get more channels than that. Mainly to keep cable theft down I believe......
  3. Waterhog

Waterhog New Member

Thank you for your input. The curious thing is that the other TVs in the boat get all the channels while at dock. I will definitely ask about a box for this particular set though.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

try having it do a channel search that's located in the menu then.