Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

First drawing on Inkscape

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by Abfils, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Abfils

Abfils New Member

Hi

I m really amazed by all the post of Lars. I m ok with him, when he said that the 2D programs is very quick compared to 3D programs. I search a free program of 2D drawing. And on this forum I look what we can do with Inkscape. I loaded it and I begin to drawing. This is the first drawing
    It’s a little power cat of 26 feets. I will draw soon interiors and a cut.

I wait your comments

Attached Files:

2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi, to be a first try it is very good. I guess there are options to get curves smoother and shades in the angle you want them as well. But to make a concept this is all you need. When you start with the interior you will probably find out that the exterior have to be adjusted, but it is always fun to try to get a useful interior inside what started as a profile view...:)

Btw, I removed your hotlinked picture and posted it as an attachment.
  3. Abfils

Abfils New Member

Hello Lars

I use differents programs for help me to drawing the interior: Freeship for drawing the volume of the hull and his shape. And after an export in dxf file, autocad for drawing cloisons cabin and funitures. At my work I use also Solidwork but it is more difficulte to use it:mad:
    With Inkscape I have all the panel of program that I have need :)
  4. Abfils

Abfils New Member

Hi

This is my new drawing with Inkscape , It's a flybridge of 85 feets with hardtop. On the front of the main deck there a lounge and a sun top. In the hull there 4 cabins: one master, one VIP and two guest.

Now I try to drawing the inside.

Philippe

Attached Files: