Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Walker

Feadship "Virginian"...

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by leejacob, Jul 19, 2005.

1. leejacob

leejacob Guest

What is Virgianian's current port of charter? What dates is she available and at what weekly cost. How many guests will she accomodate, what is her support staff? Would you please email photos and information to leemjacob@yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Lee M Jacob
    leemjacob@yahoo.com
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi,

Some of the information you want on Virginian Charter can be found here http://www.nigelburgess.com/charter/virginian/

As you will see, she has now got a dark blue hull. I have been aboard her several times and she is certainly one of my favorite yachts!

/Lars
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

The Virginian is simply one of the most elegant and beautiful Feadship's ever built! In 1969 thru 1972, I lived at Bahia Mar, which was home port for a large yacht (in that era) named the Virginian. I have no idea who the builder was (possibly Feadship?). I *think* the hull color was blue, I honestly don't remember. But I've often wondered if the new Virginian was related.

The answer is not really important, but for nostalga reasons, it would be interesting to know. Anyone?
  4. yachtsilverswan

yachtsilverswan New Member

Series of yachts named VIRGINIAN

The founder of Metromedia owned a series of handsome yachts named VIRGINIAN. My yacht, SILVER SWAN, a 1947 Trumpy, was one of the first VIRGINIAN's in this long series. She cruised as VIRGINIAN in the early 1950's, home-ported in New York and wintered in Palm Beach. As the owner's media holdings grew to international scope, a larger vessel capable of ocean crossing was required. The progressively larger and larger VIRGINIAN's culminated in the 204' Feadship launched in 1990 by the Van Lent yard. Very similar to the series of GALLANT LADY's commissioned over a lifetime by a Florida car importer. Serial owners like these men are truly patrons of the art of yachting.

RMF
    owner@yachtsilverswan.com
    www.yachtsilverswan.com
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

"Virginian" is fresh out of refit at Pendennis! She looks great in her fresh paint, having a new lease on life. Some of the work included, paint, machinery work, interior mods and some Zero Speed Stabilizers.

***​

Attached Files: