Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Cross

| Feadship | 72.8M | "Predator" | 2008 |

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by Yacht News, Jan 5, 2008.

1. brunick

brunick Senior Member

yeah - and there're some stats about it: max-speed: 25kn+
    that's a hell of speed for a 75m yacht :D
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Brunick, she looks like she was going faster than 25 knots but I tell you, once you have the braun in the below deck, you can do that. I watched a documentary on the top 10 fighter planes in the world. In # 4 or something like that was the F4 Phantom. The experts were saying that this plane was so aerodynamically inneficient but it was fast. Had two huge engines. One of them said the F4 was like a flying bus and you could have flew it sideways rather then forward, that's how inneficient it was but yet is was a rather fast plane. So I guess with Predator, even though she is a large yacht its all in the engines and the hydrodynamics and aerodynamics.
  3. Edphoto

Edphoto New Member

Predator head on

Had a flyby this week, and as she was turned opposite to last shots, I was able to get this...

Attached Files:

4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Ed,

Pics are greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind, our maximum size is 640 pixels wide. I have adjusted your latest image accordingly. :)

Best!
  5. Coenharbour

Coenharbour Senior Member

Early this morning Predator left the Port of Amsterdam for seatrials.

Attached Files:

6. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Nice shot Coenharbour. It sure would be interesting to see how these designs handle heavy swell.

Kelly
  7. Coenharbour

Coenharbour Senior Member

Hi Kelly,

Last week the Chief Engineer tolds me that she handles, with a top of 29 knots, perfect.

Arjan
  8. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Thank you for the update Arjan. I'm lovin it that there is a "new" style bow for yachts.

Kelly
  9. Mike448

Mike448 Member

Predator off St Tropez

MIK_0311b.JPG
    Passed Predator this morning doing about 14 knots - looked awesome​
  10. ricardo24

ricardo24 Member

WHAT???? Yesterday morning Predator was in Palma de Mallorca bay (13:00)... mmmm... is very fast;) jeje
  11. jsyrovat

jsyrovat New Member

any GA plan or profile drawing?

Hello, does anybody have any plan drawing, even a small picture of layout? I am looking for this in order to build a precise scale model of this wonderful yacht.

Another question, does anybody know what kind of propulsion does it have? From the technical description it has 4 MTU engines, but as for the propellers it's only written Rolls Royce Controllable pitch propellers - does it have standard propellers with 4 or 5 blades or does it have something like azipods (possibly with electric motors)?
  12. HONGKONG

HONGKONG Senior Member

13. brunick

brunick Senior Member

ya...for logged in users...
  14. Yacht News

It says, "No pictures found in our database".
  15. Spike62

Spike62 New Member

London England, Ft Lauderdale Fla, Villefranche
    The Ship From 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'

C'mon guys, it's different but it's a ship of ugli. Not a beautiful ship in any way imaginable. Straight from the archives of Capt. Nemo. 20,000 leagues? I don't think so. It may be fast, innovative and different but so was the Titanic. I love beauty, different shapes and stuff but I don't see an owner wanting to BUY this. Not if it is available on the open market...
    I would prefer (personally speaking, of course) a Junk, of the Oliver Reed owned type, or Khalidia, Matilda, Southern Breeze, heck, gimme an old style SHIP fer Krissake. I even still prefer a motor sailboat.
    Southport Raw Bar rocks. And stuff...
  16. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

I am predominantly a fan of classic yachts, but I must beg to differ with the previous poster. There is something about Predator that seriously tickles my fancy in a way most modern looking yachts do not. If my circumstances were a bit ahead of where they are now, to put it euphemistically, I would be fighting my way to the front of the line as a buyer of this yacht.

Different strokes for different folks, and an a$$ for every seat.
  17. Spike62

Spike62 New Member

London England, Ft Lauderdale Fla, Villefranche
    OK guys, I've been there and looked, and looked and looked. But she still looks like a dark hulled remnant from one of the Battle of Jutland cruisers... There is one shot of her, 3/4 full on where she doesn't look too bad. But I still think 'Alan Quartermain' every time I see her. But then, what do I know? As far as Seafarer goes, do I know you? But I too, am a lover of the classics and still pine for the old days when employers paid you a decent days pay for a decent days work, not that I'm jealous, you understand! Even now, I find myself 'pining for the fjords' of the good ol' days and wanting to be back with 'em, painting, varnishing and the like.
    Sorry Seafarer, but I'll never come 'round to your way of thinking with the 'modern is good, old stuff is not so good' but I do have your yearning for the beauty and civility of the classic.
    Keep the comments coming, I look forward to getting them...
  18. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

Doubt we know each other, but I know for sure I've never said the above in quotes.
  19. Yacht News

Long time no information, pictures or talk on the "Predator". Here's a pic for the forward indoor working roomwith the anchor windlasses et al. Never saw in here before.

*Photo from Feadship's Facebook page.

Attached Files:

20. volfkan

volfkan Active Member

I took a photo a few days ago. near heesen soul x (ex. solemates)
    A7786764-21E0-4467-9E53-05B939138F76 kopyası.jpeg