Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno

| Feadship | 94.00M | "VIVA" ex. Hull 817 | 2021 |

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by Yacht News, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

"Viva" at anchor in 'boss-on' config.

Attached Files:

2. Yacht News

"Viva" seen in Barcelona along with the Devonport build "Samar".

StanislavBCN likes this.
  3. StanislavBCN

StanislavBCN New Member

Viva is already docked in Barcelona for 3 weeks! Here she is:

4. StanislavBCN

StanislavBCN New Member

Viva with opened swimming deck Admin Edit: Resizing image

Attached Files:

5. StanislavBCN

StanislavBCN New Member

Yesterday video of VIVA finishing her trip from Palma de Mallorca to Barcelona. She was going with the average speed of 15knt and it took her around 7-8hours
  6. Maritna_ra

Maritna_ra Active Member

I know...I hate short videos too, but that's it..,

7. StanislavBCN

StanislavBCN New Member

8. Yacht News

"Viva" at Gibraltar.

9. Yacht News

Departing after her short stay in Gibraltar.

10. Yacht News

Haven't seen this vessel in a while...here she is returning to the Netherlands.

11. Yacht News

"Viva" arriving in Monaco and docking.

12. Yacht News

"Viva's" latest movements in Monaco.

13. Indigo_Bay

Indigo_Bay New Member

VIVA has completed her transatlantic voyage and dropped her anchors today in the calm waters of St. Maarten. And yes, looking from her bow towards her stern she does appear quite slim and high. Nice layer cake.
    MY VIVA_SXM_set2_5120px -001.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2023
  14. Indigo_Bay

Indigo_Bay New Member

Apologies for the enormous pic resolution in the previous post. Beginner mistake. Mea culpa. Hopefully this one works out better now.

MY VIVA_SXM_800px -002.jpg
  15. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Fixed that for ya.
  16. Indigo_Bay

Indigo_Bay New Member

Good morning Kevin, thank you very much for the support. :)
  17. Indigo_Bay

Indigo_Bay New Member

Good morning,

thank you for your brief welcome message and ofc for your support. Very much appreciated!
    I guess then this is the right opportunity for a short introduction of myself:

I consider myself an enthusiast for large yachts. Born in the town where Germany's most prestigious yacht builders have their headquarters and grown up further north in a town located at that Baltic Sea where the hull for A&R superyacht AVIVA had been subcontracted and built during 2016.

I have a maritime background. For more than 20 years I have been working as ship broker for commercial ocean going tonnage specialized in sale & purchase, i.e. conducting transactions of 2nd hand tonnage, arranging contracts for new buildings on container vessels, MPP/bulkcarriers and tankers predominantly on shipyards in the Far East. My customer portfolio included also ship owners which did control a large yacht (or more) for their pleasure.

During that part of my professional career I had the pleasure of sitting on both sides of the table: being a service provider for thirdparty ship owning companies but also acting as a principal working for a Hamburg based ship owning company controlled by a wealthy family acting as their so called inhouse broker.

Since then I also observed from the corner of my eye and as a bystander of what's going in the world of superyachts. And tried to follow up from time to time how the industry was changing and the tonnage getting bigger and becoming more fancy. Whilst we often had been limited by budget restraints resulting from charter market developments and sharply calculated returns of investment it was then like a breeze to take a look what the guys with the "white boats" are doing...I refer to the time period as LE GRAND BLEU, TATOOSH, RISING SUN or later when CARINTHIA VII had been launched and was publicly reported about.

I do enjoy the connections between the industry for large yachts builders and commercial shipping. They do intertwine in various areas. Most obvious for instance on yacht builders. Many of them have their roots in "my area", like A&R, Damen NL, Nobiskrug or former Kröger Werft in Rendsburg in order to name a few.

Fast forward I have decided to move to the Eastern Caribbean shortly after the world financial crisis of 2008. Taking a different approach in life. Since the mid 1990'ies I travel the Carribbean islands and call the Leewards happily my home for some time now.

After some life changing events during the last five years (for instance the experience of CAT 5+ hurricane Irma in St. Maarten during Sept 2017) I have discovered amongst other things the pleasure of photography and decided to capture the beauties and engineering masterpieces calling our shores during each winter season.

I do enjoy the concentrated competence shown in this forum but also the manners how members are interacting with each other.

Cheers, Thomas
  18. Yacht News

Good to have you aboard! I myself am from the Caribbean, further to the south and east of you ;). With the pleasantries out of the way let's keep the "Viva" thread on track.
  19. Yacht News

20. volfkan

volfkan Active Member

cabo san lucas