Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Comfort Click for YF Listing Service

| Feadship| 54.86M |"Sea Huntress" ex."Huntress II"/"Huntress"/"Sea Sedan" | 1997/13 |

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 16, 2004.

1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks for enlighten me. What I saw must have been a Feadship version of the Flying Dutchman then...:)
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

As I was the build Chief Engineer of Huntress when it was known as 655 then Sea Sedan and sailed around the world on her I would tend to agree that is her in the video.
  4. mackwoman2000

mackwoman2000 New Member

Ahhh K1W1, this explains your emails. There must have been several boats called Huntress. The Huntress I was on in early 1997 (and late 1996) was being retrofitted in San Diego South Bay. The English Engineer was Joe O'Donnell of Blackpool (Knott-end-on-Sea) England. Hearing from an old friend, I heard that this Huntress burned in The Med. Here is the article: Navy273.Jpg Ionian Sea, Western Mediterranean (July 28Th, 1998) - - The 144 Foot Yacht 'Huntress' Lost To Fire During An Early Morning Fire In The Engine Room. All Seven Crewmembers Were Rescued By Sailors And Marines Assigned To The Amphibious Assault Ship USS Saipan (Lha 2), Shortly After Abandoning Ship In The Ionian Sea. The American, British And Australian Crew Were Brought Aboard Saipan For Medical Evaluation. No One Was Seriously Injured. Huntress Was En Route To Italy When The Ship's Engine Room Became Engulfed In Flames. The USS Saipan On A Regularly Scheduled Deployment In The Mediterranean Sea Responded To Their Distress Call. U.S. Navy (Photo By U.S. Navy/Getty Images). So perhaps that explains - we are talking about two different Huntress'.
  5. mackwoman2000

mackwoman2000 New Member

Joe O'Donnell, Englishman

Huntress 1996-1998

Attached Files:

6. mackwoman2000

mackwoman2000 New Member

Burned Huntress 1998, The Med

engineer was Joe O'Donnell

Attached Files:

7. mackwoman2000

mackwoman2000 New Member

8. Yacht News

Looks like she is for sale now.

Attached Files:

9. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

She has been sitting outside Feadship in Amsterdam for months undergoing a refit I imagine. It was having a big HVAC overhaul in Malta in 2018 when I was there just after it changed hands to its new Owner who just happened to be the family that built her.
  10. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Ah, Er, Oh??
    Is this the same hull from the burnt hull above??
  11. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I wonder if it was on the market, and then off again. We had a "virtual" look around before purchasing the current BERILDA back in 2021.
  12. DBowman78

DBowman78 Senior Member

No, the burnt hull was the 43M Huntress (ex-Yecats, ex-Attessa) built by Kong and Halvorsen in 1984. She was in the movies Overboard and, after a major refit, Indecent Proposal.
  13. Yacht News

Still looking good!