Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Cross

| Feadship| 54.86M |"Sea Huntress" ex."Huntress II"/"Huntress"/"Sea Sedan" | 1997/13 |

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 16, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

On the same day I took pictures of "Utopia", I found another Feadship docked at Bahia Mar... "Huntress". I was at Bahia Mar on this day to meet with fellow YachtForums member John B., aboard his Azimut. We went for a cruise later in the evening, but not before I took a few pictures of Huntress. My camera angle is off a little bit, as I was trying to maneuver the boat and take pictures without... taking out a piling.

Built in 1997, she is 180 feet long and was refitted a couple of years ago at Derecktor Gunnell. She's powered by twin 1,280-hp Caterpillars.

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

A side aft picture...

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

And a forward side pic...

Attached Files:

4. YachtForums

And finally, a stern picture...

Attached Files:

5. YachtForums

Whoops, I had one more pic...

Attached Files:

6. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Now, she's a very impressive yacht indeed. At the time of her launch she was one of the largest yachts launched by De Vries in terms of volume. She was referred to as the jumbo yacht. Very wide beam and of course the full beam main deck that provide lots of extra space.

Today she's owned by a gentleman from California who a few years ago was appointed as US Ambassador to Spain by your President.
  7. Eventide

Eventide New Member

Huntress is here (again)

I drove over the 17th Street Causeway and saw a large yacht on the south side of the bridge - driving around I was pleased to see Huntress docked. It was dusk and the exterior lights were on -- a beautiful sight. The dock was in a secure area, but I was able to walk along under the bridge and marina area to absorb the sight. :)
  8. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Sea Sedan

K1W1,

Here are already some old scanned images from the Sea Sedan at the IYCA back in 1997 :

Attached Files:

9. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

is Sea Sedan a twin sister to Huntress or.......
  10. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

She was launched as Sea Sedan, and has since been named Kahalani and Huntress.
  11. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

It was the first SEA SEDAN from Feadship that was renamed KAHALANI and she still carries that name today.

This one is the second SEA SEDAN from Feadship and when she was sold to her present owner from California, she was renamed HUNTRESS. She was never KAHALANI.
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

You may be right, I just got it from the last 8 issues of The Superyachts. But on the other hand, they donĀ“t mention that the first Sea Sedan from Feadship was launched as Princess Magna...;)
  13. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

As far as I know, the first SEA SEDAN from Feadship was not launched as PRINCESS MAGNA...

The predecessor to the first SEA SEDAN from Feadship was the Benetti SEA SEDAN II. She was subsequently renamed PRINCESS MAGNA when she was sold and today she is known as NUFER.
  14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The Feadships Swedish owner took the Benetti in exchange and the names were swapped...;)
  15. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I was the build Chief Engineer and went round the world on the De Vries 55m boat now called Huntress.

It was launched as Sea Sedan in May 1997( I opened the valves to flood the drydock with the Captain, One each).

The previous Sea Sedan out of De Vries ( Hull 646 I think) was being built as Princess Magna, the Owners exchanged boats and money and the build was completed. She was launched as Sea Sedan. All the manuals etc still had the Princess Magna logo on the covers. I only had the briefest involvement with the smaller one. I think it did briefly carry another name atfer it was sold by the Sea Sedan Owner.

I will check with some of the old gang and post back when I can find out.

Christo 303, I found some of the pics we were talking about.
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

All I know is that when Mr Magnusson first used his Feadship in the Med she was named Princess Magna and had the special logotype that was later moved to the Benetti. Launched or not...
  17. KCook

KCook Senior Member

From these photos it's evident that the front window wall on the main deck has sharply radiused corners. With flatter center section. Which is contrast to the more evenly curved window walls we see today. Where there many Feadships in this style?

Kelly Cook
  18. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

AMG, I know the guy who was the build Captain ,and the build Engineer when the Princess Magna first started at De Vries. I also know the Captain who took it over when it changed hands and it became Sea Sedan. This took place in Aalsmeer.

This was the same Captain who was on the one that is now Huntress.
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

OK, you may be right on the hand-over, but first time I saw the Feadship Princess Magna was in southern France, not in the Netherlands...
  20. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Since my first post on this matter today I have spoken to the ex Chief Officer of the smaller Sea Sedan Feadship. He confirms that it was launched and left the De Vries yard as Sea Sedan.