Click for Glendinning Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn

Favorite yacht harbours

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by orion, Apr 23, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. orion

orion Senior Member

My favorite harbour is without doubt Monaco. :cool:

With its heritage from when jet-set life started and its beautiful harbour
    this is for me heaven on earth. Whats your favorite harbour or destiny?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

For straight up coolness, I think Monaco is tops too. Even without the harbour, it's a place I've always wanted to visit... in fact I will one day, likely for the WRC event in January (just don't ask which year LOL).
  3. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Monaco is my most favourite as well. But Norway or sweden is also interesting for me. In the next time I want to fly to Fort Lauderdale or Newport, R.I.
  4. speeder

speeder New Member

Monaco :cool:

My startsite is the webcam of the harbour. :D
  5. jediwhite

jediwhite Senior Member

My Favourite

I think you'll find Monaco has changed a bit since this photo, still looks good though.
    My favourites are Falmouth and English Harbours in Antigua, with their timeless classic look and the awesome history from the times of Nelson and the British navy, right up to the present with the yachting world visiting every winter.

Attached Files:

6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Historically, I think that would be an amazing place to visit... but it lacks the "jet-set" and fun-factor of Monaco.
  7. jediwhite

jediwhite Senior Member

Not Fun!!!!

You'd have to visit to realise that the Jet-set are often there and as for fun, You will very rarely get as much fun anywhere else. Antigua, especially Falmouth and English harbours caters for yachties, yacht owners and anybody with a bit of the sea in them. They have been doing it for hundreds of years and are pretty good at it.
    And if you really want to mix with the 'Jet-Set' try St Barts, just up the islands.
  8. orion

orion Senior Member

Norway is probaly one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
    Oslo I could hardly recomend to all, nice & fun city.
    Go and see the Oslo Grand Prixe Class 1 offshore race .
    Great show!!! :D

Attached Files:

9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Sweden and the Stockholm archipelago is recieving a few Superyachts each summer, but the ideal size is between 30 and 50 feet if you should be able to find a place for the night at one of the 24.000 islands.

My home town, Vaxholm is on an island connected with bridges. It is the center of all the ferry traffic to the other islands. A nice little town for tourism.

The other picture is another nice island further out called Möja, where you can find a foodshop and a couple of restaurants. A good stop before going out to the smaller uninhabited islands.

Attached Files:

10. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Wow AMG... that's a really beautiful place. Stop it now please... you're making me want to book a flight over that way now. :cool:
  11. garseea

garseea New Member

Hey AMG..

I am going to be heading over to Sweden for a few days in June. I was planning on going to Stolkholm but would appreciate any other ideas..

Sean
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

There are many beautiful places around Sweden, but if you only have a few days I think Stockholm is a good choice. From downtown you can take a daytour on one of the old steamships, some go to the outer archipelago, a scenery you will always remember. Send me a PM when you have your itinery and I can check what is going on around here at that time... ;)

Attached Files:

13. TRY

TRY Senior Member

My favourite yacht harbours

If you want the very upmarket posh attitude I would recommend Portofino (1000 times more exclusive than St Tropez).
    It is so exclusive since only some 50 boats can come in.
    It is very quiet after the last day-tourist-boat has left because there are only 3 (small) hotels.
    Apart from all these snobbish arguments it really is an adorable place!

I'll get some photos online later this week, bye for now.
  14. orion

orion Senior Member

For fantastic nature experiences and for quietness you have to visit Northern-Norway. Midnight sun in the summer time and beautiful fjords.
    Nice cities and harbours, lot of fresh seafood and good chances to see killing whales.

Attached Files:

15. MYGull

MYGull New Member

Well, I cant say that iv been to Monaco..or Norway for that matter. I have been to Roche Harbor in Washington state though, and I think that it is definetly one of my favorite places to visit. Check-out the webcam...http://www.islandcam.com/roche.shtml or their web page...http://www.rocheharbor.com/

Its not jet-set, rather the complete opposite. I think thats why so many megayachts visit there.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  16. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Fanning Island, Kiribati
  17. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Although some people might not consider Ft. Lauderdale an exotic destination, when it comes to seeing yachts in large numbers, it would have to rank as one of the world's best, so I'm including Bahia Mar and Pier 66 in our favorite harbors...

The first pic is an aerial of Bahia Mar during the Boat Show and the second pic is Pier 66, taken from the Marriott on 17th Street Causeway, also during the boat show.

The line-up of Broward's at Pier 66 is almost certainly Bob Currie's display...

Attached Files:

18. Nismo350Z33

Nismo350Z33 New Member

I'm going to say Monaco. Not only does the city look great, but it's also where my favorite Formula 1 race is held--Monaco GP!

My second favorite harbour would probably be in Hong Kong. That city looks awesome at night. It's not my favorite destination in a yacht (I prefer secluded islands), but a cool looking harbour.
  19. sford

sford New Member

Remember "Somewhere in Time" mine would be Mackinac Island..... No motorized vehicles only horse & buggy, foot and bicycles.... In the harbor taps being played at the fort at sunset and the cannon being shot over the harbor in the morning just prior to revele!!!! It just doesn't get much better!

Steve

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  20. nano-J

nano-J New Member

Favorite Harbors

So tough to decide, they each have such an allure that makes them unique in their own right. If I HAAAAD to pick.... mmm Either Chatterbox Falls, Vancouver, or

Attached Files: