Click for Mag Bay Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Burger

Favorite marinas in LI NY, Conn., Newport RI

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by Capt Bill11, Mar 3, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Suggestions?

Thanks
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

In Newport, I'd recommend Newport Shipyard. Newport Yacht Club is nice but only for smaller boats generally. And several of the wharfs are about equal. Lee's Wharf has had a lot of remodeling, so likely we'd choose it.

For LI Sound and even the area on up the coast, we were huge fans of Brewer's yards. To us they were the safe choice, full service shipyards in addition to marinas and always first class and in good shape. I don't know how they are now that they're part of Safe Harbor. Still I'd recommend the Safe Harbor successor marinas, including Cove Haven and Greenwich Bay in RI. Note they also bought New England Boatworks but it wasn't a Brewer marina. In Port Washington, Brewer, now Safe Harbor, Capri is very nice and can handle large boats. Glen Cove and Greenport are nice but Greenport may be size limited. Yacht Haven in Stamford is nice as are Pilot's Point and Stratford. If you're under 80' there are probably many we didn't ever consider.