Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service

Fairline Phantom 48

Discussion in 'Fairline Yacht' started by hitocn, Dec 10, 2016.

1. hitocn

hitocn New Member

I am planning of purchasing a Fairline Phantom 48 that is based in Phuket. I will use the boat for family trips over extended weekends and during holidays. I am thinking of making the yacht available for chartering when I don't use it. As I am very new and unexperienced with yachting I appreciate any comments, recommendations or advice e.g. about the boat itself, the location, my planned arrangement, etc.

upload_2016-12-10_21-19-59.png
  2. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Nice boat, also referred to as the last and most modern Phantom. After this Fairline switch to Squadron for flybridge in all sizes, this model was replaced by the 50 Squadron.

Did you view the boat, or you still have to do this?
    Two design details stand out which are a bit naive on the 48; the midships owner stateroom is a bit a small affair even though located midships. Most similar type age boats have forward owners stateroom which give more space but also a bit of wave slapping noise at anchor.
    The second is that when you are moored astern, and board from the passarelle you have to be careful of the step created by the cockpit settee, and also to your head. It is very easy to hit your head with the extended flybridge bit.
    For the rest the 48 Phantom has a really sweet modern line, and has one of the best flybridge in its size.
    Performance is okay (Volvo D9s giving 31/2 knots WoT) and as many Fairline they are dry if tabs are not used of which they tend to ride a bit bow high.
  3. hitocn

hitocn New Member

I am yet to see the boat so your comments are very valuable and I will certainly have a look at these details, thank you very much.
  4. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

I owned hull number 01 in 2007. It is a great modern boat with beautiful lines. I had great times onboard my Phantom 48 and can't remember having any serious issues. I have 2 friends in Egypt who currently still own Phantom 48's since 2010 and none have any complaints. You will certainly enjoy her.
  5. Levend

Levend New Member

I have one 2007 model. Has anyone have wiring shematics for P48?