Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno

| A&R | 57.30M | "DREAM" -ex. "Excellence III"- | 2001 |

Discussion in 'Abeking & Rasmussen Yacht' started by christo303, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Her interior is now unrecognizable since it was totally done over by Bannenberg & Rowell. It really is a DREAM compared to the dark interior it was under "Excellence III".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBeobuuHrZg
  2. sagharborskip

sagharborskip Senior Member

92' Pershing

Herb Chambers owns a brand new 92' Pershing...I visited his house and the boat on recently (2 weeks ago).
  3. Yacht News

Gone from slow to express!
  4. Jay954

Jay954 New Member

I acquired the excellence iii yacht nautical bell

I'm trying to get info on it or see how much it's worth

Please help someone
  5. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Kind of a strange question, Personally, I wouldn't let this treasure out of my hands unless Mr. Chambers ,the builder or crew member of Excellence III requested or made an offer to purchase this engraved bell . If by chance you listed this on line and sold it to a nautical store or unaffiliated third party in my opinion would be sacrilege. IF you had to put a price on something like this than I would say that it would have huge sentimental value to those crew members that served on the vessel and that's where the market would be. If you must proceed than I would recommend that you contact Mr. Chambers broker Jim Wallace @ Camper & Nicholson and he can put you in contact with Captain Ray Shore who has been the owners captain for the last twenty years plus. Google is your friend.
  6. Jay954

Jay954 New Member

I'm very greatful for your response and time you took to help me out, thank you!!!
    I will go to camper & Nicholson in Ft.Lauderdale tomorrow, if everything works out for me. I will send you a gift if that would be ok with you, either by mail to a PO BOX or PayPal either one
    I've looked online before I've contacted you and told my self why would herb chambers would even consider listening to me or any of his crew members.

I started writing this out yesterday, so I called the they directed me to
    Sapphire Seas that's who manages the excellence vi now
    They are going to email Roy shores today and get back to me soon they said
    They sounded really interested
    I thank you again, and I will keep you posted on what happens next
    If I get what I think I'm going to get I will send you a present for sure

By the way do you know on how much I should ask for the bell ?
  7. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Thank you jay954, No Gift required. Not a clue as to the sentimental $$ value but go to Bellingham Bell's web site and you can find out what an engraved bell such as the one in your possession retails for. Sapphire Sea's is a good start but Ray will be your best source for knowledge. I wouldn't get my hopes up with a quick reply from Capt. Shore as this is his busy season charter wise and you wouldn't be a priority on his list so give it a week or three for a reply.
  8. Yacht News

"DREAM" in Gibraltar...looks like she is planning to cross to the Caribbean...as she is all 'boarded-up'.