Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights

Evolve 110

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Capt Bill11, Jan 31, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

2. ychtcptn

ychtcptn Senior Member

I worked on this boat several years ago, and the description in the ad made me laugh. The only good thing is that it is a lot of boat for its size.
    This boat was dropped while being unloaded in the port of Miami after the owner secretly exported it from Turkey. It then sat on the hard in the port until it was finally auctioned off to the present owner.
    He then had it taken to Lauderdale Marine Center where one of his Real Estate guys managed the refit. At the time I was onboard it was being sold as new with all warranties. It has been for sale for along time, been to just about every boat show in the last 8 years. I think they just keep changing the name to throw people off.
  3. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Thanks. I found out about the dropping through a broker yesterday. If you have any other details about it's history please feel free to PM me.
  4. Garry Hartshorn

Garry Hartshorn Senior Member

I had the opportunity to have a close look at the boat when it was sitting on the dock in Miami about a month after it was dropped. We did not consider it worth salvaging. But I guess someone else did :rolleyes:
  5. Capt Morgan

Capt Morgan New Member

Does anyone have anymore info or pictures of the damage?