Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

Enterprise, not yet finished

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by brunick, Feb 16, 2007.

1. brunick

brunick Senior Member

hi ,
    i've got a lot of time the last 2 days (studentvacancies) and now i'm creating this yacht, 180m - with the biggest tender ever placed on a yacht - 100feet trawler yacht :D

maybe planned as a catamaran it goes with two of these "tenders"
    the tender doors folds to the sides and the tender can float out of its dock.
    a big heli-pad with storage for 2 sikorski/eurocopter on the aft and a second helipad some decks above for easy access for the guest coming directly to the partys on the 9th and 10th deck, just under the observation lounge. Many toys're stored in a serveral garages on the back of the yacht. up to 120 guest (cat version) can live in suites as big as the master suites on some 100m yachts. the master suite is placed over the bridge with an own area, only accesable from the mastersuite. almost every suite is a vip suite but there are 2 special suites on the bridge deck.
    crew stays in 3 decks in the back of the yacht and the lower deck. crew should be around 150 to 180 people, including pilots for helicopter, boat crews, submarine crews and normal staff on the yacht - any questions? ;)

Attached Files:

• 180m.jpg
      180m.jpg
      File size:
      20.8 KB
      Views:
  2. brunick

brunick Senior Member

Lets go on in this tread - i removed 1 deck and fitted the decks.
    now i'm creating the GA and added some information about the yacht ;)

first pic: the yacht itself
    second pic: yacht with information *G*
    edit: deck height is 3.4m each, but there is between each deck 0.5m space for cabels, wires and everything else...

Attached Files:

3. Innomare

Innomare Senior Member

Hi Brunick!

Nice work you've put in. I don't know if I like the army of 40 PWC though... A PWC eats up an incredible amount of space. (40 = about 160 square meters...)

I would advise against such a large side tender door in the hull so close to the midship section. As you know, a ship in waves flexes into a banana shape up and down (hogging and sagging are the appropriate terms ;) ).

The tender door is not part of the structure and doesn't follow the movement. It stays rectangular. You can imagine the problems when the shape of the door and the shape of the hole don't match anymore... Add some waves into the side and you're pumping.

When hogging/sagging, the aft and forward sections stay almost straight, that's why you'll find the side doors located there normally (or in the superstructure, there are ways to eliminate the flexing in the superstructure).

Bruno
  4. brunick

brunick Senior Member

hi!
    well...theres more space than 160m2 ;) i have there more than 200m2 on 2 decks.
    the tender doors: well...thats why i can't call myself a naval architect *g* - but i think the idea is cool. do you think i could put such huge doors anywhere in the yachts hull? they're height is 13.7m and they're 36m long. the idea is to float these tenders out of pockets to get this "wow" effect :cool:
    also i got an idea, that in the fold-down doors would be in integrated crane. so the door is folded down and the integrated crane pops out of the door. you could easily put the pwc in the water and also other tenders or the sailboats.

well - i'm informatic studtent, not a shipengeneer (i had a D in math ;))

Edit: to the more than 200m2 i got say: the ship is 185m in length an 28 in width ;) so on each deck there is something around 4000m2 useable space
  5. Innomare

Innomare Senior Member

Jannick,

In engineering almost everything is possible, if you just throw enough euros at it. But are they well spent? Why would anyone want to haul both a 100 and a 108 footer onboard? It'll take a few hours each time to haul it in and out. It would be a lot easier (and cheaper) to have it anchored nearby or berthed in the marina.

As for space, there's never enough space on a yacht, no matter how big it is (that's why they get lengthened all the time, during the design process but even after a few years of use).

Your ship reminds me a bit of an LPD (Landing Platform Dock). With a better styling though ;)

PS - where are orange lifeboats? With 120 passengers, you'll have to have those.
    PS2 - I bet the owner will hardly ever be seen on his yacht - he'll be busy having fun on his 108-footer.
  6. brunick

brunick Senior Member

;)

i have some other ideas of styling an indoor harbour on this yacht - i think i will find a way to do this :rolleyes:

Why have an 108 footer and a 100 foot yacht on one ship? well, lets say i'm giantomanic, even when it's bigger than everything else, maybe some meters could be added :)

i found a way to get both boats out of the "marinas" in some minutes: 5 hydraulic cylinders press the boat out, with a landing stage (is it that, where boats are moored?) where the boats are moored. on the same way it's going inside.

lifeboats? hm - lets say they're on the bow and on the helideck behin the side walls ;)

LPD: yep, it should be something like that - you have a lot of fun on your 108 footer an 100 footer with the thousands of watertoys and come back home to the 400m2 suite where you live, just like somebody going out for golf.
    Oh and the owner will be seen on the yacht, partying on the fold-down transom :cool:

some billionare out there who like my concept, Mr Abramowitch? :)

PS: the yacht will be the first, that runs with hydrogen that it produces itself with solar energy :D
  7. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Wow, Brunnik, quite tallented looks very nice. I would allude to the gigantic middle hatch for the 100 foot boat. That seems to be a pretty large hole in that yacht..sturctural hull integrity? another thing.. the Enterprise is HUGE!!!!!! that is a cruiseship with yacht styling. There isnt a yacht out there that carries a 108 foot long tender. I thought one time that the Man o War on Octopus was a really huge tender. The Sunseeker Sirius A is a yacht on a bigger yacht as well as the Bellatrix.
  8. Whiteho2

Whiteho2 New Member

I must agree with previous posts. There is no point in having two enormous tenders. The whole idea of a tender is to get to port/beach with ease without mooring becoming a problem. Mooring a 105 or 108 is generally hard so in order to get to a deserted beach your guna have to launch the sunseeker then launch her tender?? Whats the point? When youve got a ship that size why need a 105 let alone a 108. Sorry but its slight maddness. Youd be better off putting a stupidly fast speedboat in terms of pleasure.
  9. lurker

lurker New Member

As far as structural soundness, cost and logistics are concerned. I don't think the two large tenders on the side is a good idea.

It is going to be extremely costly to design and build the necessary reinforcing structure. Just imagine the size of the crane that you will need. Look at the cranes on LGB for its two large tenders. A 100 footer trawler can easily weight twice as much with steel hull.

On the other hand if you have a 180m "yacht", I can see the point of having very large tenders. It's much easier to find docking for two Sunseeker 108 than a 180m yacht at popular places say Manoco.

In the case with the 180m yacht it makes good sense to reduce the size of the main yacht a little bit and have a support shadow boat to carry and store the mega tenders and helicopters.

If you like catamaran, buy one of those 74m Incat. There's one for sale in Korea. Though mind you that it is not exactly a good candidate as a shadow boat. It's not design to carry lots of load (in terms of weight), once you load her up with enough fuel for trans-ocean range, you probably won't be ablet to carry the Sunseekers. But just an idea.