Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

Energetic, young deck-hand looking for job!

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by Jrubio1, Jul 24, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Jrubio1

Jrubio1 New Member

Howdy,

My name is Jesse Rubio, I am an energetic deckhand looking for work! I've been sailing on tall-ships, square riggers and schooners for 8 years now. I've worked on several harbor tour vessels on the waterfront in my hometown and have a knack for any boating and sailing is a plus! Seamanship is an art and it doesn't just take know how. It takes passion.

I am currently located in Galveston, TX but I've sailed in Maine, Massachusetts, Florida and other places on the east coast and for the right job I'm willing to come to your location! I have a US Passport and a TWIC Card! I am drug-free, tobacco-free and alcohol-free!

Very interested in all offers! Please message me with anything you may have!

Thanks for your time!
  2. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Jesse,
    If you don't already have one, create a resume and include the yachts you have worked on (name, size, cruising locations, responsibilities, etc). Also, if you have any type of schooling, add it in. Do you have your STCW? Are you proficient in running inflatables, do you fish or dive, or anything else that can make you a more valued deckhand?
    There are plenty of crew looking for jobs. You need to separate yourself from others to be noticed by a captain.
    Good luck.