Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Burger

electrical switch access under step of 406

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by C Phillips, Mar 19, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. C Phillips

C Phillips New Member

I wondering how to access the back side of the electrical switches located under the salon step in my 406 carver. I can not find an electrical diagram that gives me any clue at all on how the DC power supply and charging is set up.
    I'm not really for sure how the charger charges the house, starting, and generator batteries.
    Any guidance would be highly appriciated.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Have you contacted Carver?
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It's your boat. Don't be afraid to explore. Open panels and hatches . Follow the wires, cables and pipes. Your batteries should be connected in series to the battery charger and the main shut off switches, from there to the panel and out to where it's used. On a guess I'd say the switches you're referring to are the main DC shutoffs. (pics would help) Doubt you have any need to access the back but it's most likely done from the front. I've been on boats that have great manuals and most that don't. So start making your own by adding to your manual with pics. For the schematics I can't put the link here due to forum rules, but if you Google Carver 406 wiring schematics the first post is for a forum that I believe answers your question and more.
    AnotherKen likes this.
  4. C Phillips

C Phillips New Member

Thank you for your response. I agree with you and I am trying to make my own electrical schematic. I'm going to take your advice and add pictures to it also.
    Headed back to the boat now to take some voltage and amp measurements and maybe a picture or two.
  5. C Phillips

C Phillips New Member

Thanks for your reply. I do need to contact Carver but it's it's weekend. Do you have a good number to contact Carver?
    Thank you again.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Carver Yachts
    700 E. Glenbrook Dr.
    Pulaski, WI 54162
    Phone: +1-920-822-3214
    Toll Free: 1-800-231-8978

Carveryachts.com
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It's one thing consulting a manual when working on your boat. It's very different consulting a manual in the middle of the night when everything shuts down. Pics help.
    C Phillips likes this.
  8. C Phillips

C Phillips New Member

Thank you!