Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Westport

Eisenglass

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Captain Bling, Oct 1, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Captain Bling

Captain Bling New Member

I just had my eisenglass replaced and I don't care for the clarity of the clear vinyl (it's distorted) and the blue hue especially when they are rolled up. The guy who made them said it's 40 Gauge Verilon and a good product. Anyone else have similar issues?
  2. JSK

JSK New Member

I just had a 40 Mil Strataglass Crystal Clear windshield added to my CC and my wife dislikes it, says its too distorted. I'd say it's OK but not perfect. My canvas guy seemed to think Crystal Clear was the best option in 40 mil, but who knows. I've got a EZ2CY enclosure on my Sportfish and that stuff is fantastic and really expensive.
  3. Prospective

Prospective Senior Member

Eisenglass is going to be a bit distorted. Polycarbonate is very clear but much more ridged. My enclosure is 60mil Eisenglass on back half and Polycarb on front half. I love the clearness of the polycarbonate but downsides are you can't roll it up, panels have to be snapped to underside of a top. And life expectancy isn't great. The sun and wind start to craze the surface. My enclosure is 5 season old and the polycarbonate is getting close to needing replacement...