Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Perko Click for Abeking

Dynamica marine genset

Discussion in 'Generators' started by kev cribb, Jun 19, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. kev cribb

kev cribb New Member

Hi all
    Can someone please help I am going spare. I have a friend who has a dynamica genset attached to a faryman 18w engine. Whenever it starts it runs for a short period then shuts down. It won’t show volts or amps does anyone have any ideas.
    Also I need to check the wiring inside the control box mounted on the engine casing with breaker Does anyone have a picture or any wiring diagrams for this set. If I have a picture of the inside I could check and trace all the wires going into this.
    I’m back there later so any other required info I can get then.
    Thanks for anyone’s input on this.
  2. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Do you mean the engine shuts down or the engine continues to run and the electric fails ?
  3. kev cribb

kev cribb New Member

No the engine shuts down before any electric power comes to the boat from the engine
  4. Liam

Liam Senior Member

The symptom usually means a rewinding of the motor attached to the engine, or the electrical panel which controls electrical generation is damaged.
    If you use the generator very little most probably it is the first.
  5. kev cribb

kev cribb New Member

That’s why I am wondering if someone has a wiring diagram to check that side of things first.