Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross

Dometic 4800 issues

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by fishingtime, Aug 8, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. fishingtime

fishingtime New Member

Need Help?
    I have a Dometic 4800 on my boat and when you flush water from the bowl comes gushing up; my Dometic dealer here in PR says he is clue less
  2. Sea Gull

Sea Gull Member

It’s the built-in bidet option!

We had that issue on our last boat. Not sure of the toilet part number, but had the same issue. We had them replaced under warranty as it was a new boat. I’m sure there’s a rebuild kit for the seals that would solve the problem more cheaply and almost as easily. For now, just close the lid before you flush.
  3. fishingtime

fishingtime New Member

Thanks; this is new boat also but they are lost here in Puerto Rico
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

You're vacuum generator is not making vaccuum. So you need to find that by either following the hose to it, or simply looking for it. It's a white box about 1' wide by 2' long by about 10" high.....it will have a pump on top.........Make sure the pump has power, there will be a vaccuum switch that turns it on and off (when it has enough vaccuum). If it continues to run, the duct bills are bad there are 4 of them, 2 in each hose end of the pump, take the hose end off. The bellows where the pump goes up and down can also be bad/split......... first find the pump and see if the motor is running (it also might be on a breaker that's off) What boat is this on and which head (forward,master etc etc)