Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Abeking

Dockwise Yacht Transport---New Vessel

Discussion in 'Yacht Transport Ships' started by Yacht News, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere here on this site however, when i was browsing through the DYT website, i saw a brand new yacht carrier underconstruction for them and for delivery in 2006? It's 685.75 feet long by 105.06 wide. Has a normal draft of 19 feet but can sink up to 72 feet. Apparently she is supposed to be the fastest Yacht carrier. Rated with an opperational speed of 18 knots. Also it will eminate some sort of luxury for her crew, with an 'atrium' and a pool on the roof of it. Nice drawings on the website....http://www.yacht-transport.com/index.php?sid=135&l=eng#
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thanks for this news! Darn shame to build a ship with the intent of sinking it. ;)
  3. Yacht News

Non Problemo (hopefully i got that right)
  4. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Looking forward to DYT starting service with this new yacht carrier by Spring 2007.
    :)
  5. Yacht News

She is certainly a very stylish looks Yacht Transporter. Look at the design of the others in the fleet....more like straight hard edges..just there to do the job...but this one included flair and styling.
  6. CatalinaDYT

CatalinaDYT New Member

Hello, Yachtluver, Arniev, and anyone else who happens to stop by...

Indeed, Yachtluver is correct. We are launching our New Yacht Carrier, named Yacht Express 1 (she is massive!), beginning with its first voyage this summer. Yacht Express 1 will be focusing mainly on transatlantic voyages, with the ability to deliver your yacht form the East Cast USA to the Med in 8 days, and offering more frequent routes. How exciting is that?

Be on the lookout for a formal press release and more details about it's luxurious accommodations in weeks to come. Also, I will post pictures as they become available.

YachtForums... the beauty of sinking this ship is that is comes back up... LOL!

Any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Happy sailing

Catalina :D