Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Mulder

Dingy Repair

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by nealkeith, Oct 1, 2009.

1. nealkeith

nealkeith New Member

What kid of glue do I need to re-attach the transom on my dingy? I tried the 2 part for the dingy body but that only stuck to the body and did not adhere to the hard plasitc of the stern. Any Ideas?
    Thanks,
    Neal
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

i believe glues are different for PVC or Hypalon... what kind of dink?
  3. nealkeith

nealkeith New Member

dink

Got me, picked it up in the islands for 300 bucks. The transom is a hard white simi-translucient plastic. The pvc glue won't bond to it, but bonds to the pontoon. I was thinking of some marine adheisive/sealant, might bond to both. I'd use the quick curing stuff.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I'm reminded of a wood boat I saw today with the motor and pieces of transom laying on the ground behind it. Adhearing the transom to the tubes is more than just gluing down the rubrail. A professional repair might be a good consideration.
  5. nealkeith

nealkeith New Member

Dingy

Only one side has come ungluedn no other fasteners.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It only takes one side.:rolleyes: I did a Google search as I'm sure you did and found several products to fix cuts and abrasions, but nothing for afixing the transom to the tubes. Any glue job does require an ultra-clean surface. Have you tried contact cement? Put on both sides, let tack, then join. Only a suggestion in the absense of others. Not from experience. Good luck.