Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Walker

'Diesel Duck' trawler yacht building in pics

Discussion in 'General Trawler Discussion' started by brian eiland, Feb 11, 2014.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

I was a little surprised to not find much (any?) mention of these Diesel Duck trawlers on this forum? These little vessels are making quite a name for themselves around the world.

I just happened across this pictorial presentation on building these compact little explorers designed by George Buehler
    41-plus construction Page 1

...more dieselducks
    Diesel Ducks Home Page
  2. JWY

JWY Senior Member

George Buehler has designed some great little ships for the passagemaking couple. I am quite familiar with the Diesel Ducks and have sold a few.

The problem with them is the inconsistency. George sells the plans and the client can build at whatever yard he choses. I recently sold a Canadian built aluminum DD that was about as excellent as shipbuilding can get. I sold a steel DD built in Turkey that took quite a bit of money and effort to make right. I have seen DDs that I wouldn't list. Nonetheless, I don't think I've seen one that I wouldn't consider ocean going capable.

The bottom line for Diesel Duck is the end result depends on the quality of the yard, the supervision of the build, the knowledge of the owner, and the budget allocated.

Judy
  3. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Built in Turkey

Was the one from Turkey "PEPI" ?
  4. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Diesel Duck

Diesel Duck at launch.

Attached Files: