Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service

Descaler in Fort Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by RBJacobson, Jul 30, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. RBJacobson

RBJacobson New Member

Does anyone know an engine descaler company in Fort Lauderdale other than Trac?
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

What is your experiences with TRAC? I have seen them at a few of the shows and often wonderdd if it was as good as it says on the tin.

You can PM me your TRAC experiences if you would like to keep it private.

It is not hard to descale the cooling system in your engine yourself and once you have the equipment setup it is a relatively cheap job.
  3. RBJacobson

RBJacobson New Member

Trac does a good job and the barnacle buster stuff they use works great, it is just that they can't get to the boat for a bit and I was wondering if there was someone else. I remember there was a float up service that did it but could not track them down.
    I know it is not a difficult job, just don't want to buy the equipment and supplies.
  4. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Great product.
    All it takes is a pump and a garbage can, so we flush our own systems.
  5. C4ENG

C4ENG Senior Member

My Expereince with Trac has been it only works on removing calcium build up. Unfortunately I have seen more of a vegetation-slime-mud growth build up causing me issues in cooling systems and the ER and Trac does not dissolve that. More than once I have experienced such.

Hard core, eat your pipes from the inside out acid descalers are the only thing I have seen that works for everything..
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Get better quality pipes then, I have previously used Phosphoric Acid with great success on a lot of different systems with some of the best results being Jets Pumps- Cleans them up like new without having to remove the front cover :).
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Refit Management Service- descales engines, does a good job and has reasonable prices 954-257-1732