Click for Delta Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Mulder

Cv, It?

Discussion in 'Licensing & Education' started by LaneByrd, May 19, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. LaneByrd

LaneByrd New Member

Hello everyone! My first post on the forum (or any forum for that matter). A quick introduction> I'm a young chap (24 years young) , I've always loved traveling the seas, especially after helping a buddy of mine on his fishing charter, I'm taking a break from college and intend to travel to Thailand or Philippines for some R & R...BUT WAIT...maybe I could make better use of this time, why certainly! Yes , this is more than likely the most amaturish land lubberish question you've fine gentlemen ever heard but here its goes

What is a CV? How do you obtain one?
    What is a IT Tech? Whats the formal training?

...go ahead laugh alittle

ANY REPLY APPRECIATED!

p.s. Thinking about re-locating to the Ft. Lauderdale area, good place to find these institutions???

Thanks Fellas
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi, why donĀ“t you try Google to find out the basics and come back when you have more specific questions on yachts or yachting?
  3. LaneByrd

LaneByrd New Member

...too not beat around the bush...I'm basically wanting to try my will at being a deckhand, Is this CV the best route? I'm a pretty tough ol' *******, once I set my mind on something, it's executed....any suggestions welcome.

Thanks again fellas'
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

...OK, then you can extend your search with STCW 95 for more info on crewing.
  5. LaneByrd

LaneByrd New Member

Thanks MAN! I did....ok...Z-card...only for inner waters....What's the card you need for ...international waters? I appreciate the reply !
  6. LaneByrd

LaneByrd New Member

Disregard that last question....I'm on it fellas, I'm on it...thanks!
  7. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

CV= Curriculum Vitae, This is a introduction to who you are, what you have done and what you want. These are more often than not not a 100% accurate description of the person mentioned on the front pages skillset and or experience. Any claims you have for references should be able to be backed up with evidence. You can obtain one by writing it yourself based upon your own experiences/skills/qualifications and wants or you can pay a CV Service to write up your hand written notes.

IT Tech- Information Technology Technician. MCSE is a good start for boat work. You won't get this in a two week correspondence course that claims to reduce years of college to days online :)
  8. LaneByrd

LaneByrd New Member

:) Alright, fellas, in the time I last posted, I have managed to call some old connections and have landed a deal with an inland marine company, I figure it would be something to do, but MAINLY, I'll have oppor. for training free of charge, appreciate the input guys.
  9. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

WOW!

I think that must be a Forum record for the fastest satisfied customer.

12:32 to 2:07 - impressive!
  10. LaneByrd

LaneByrd New Member

haha....no I plan on sticking around , reading alot of past post and learning what i can.