Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Walker Click for Comfort

Cruisair replacement source

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by CTdave, Jul 5, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Hi all.....
    I need to replace two Cruisair compressors/condensers asap & need a good source.
    The trick is finding something that works with the existing controls but I need to find someone who has a 12,000 and 9000 btu system. I would go for rebuilds, find someone who had rebuilt units or new units.

Thanks for the help!
    David
  2. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

Dave I just posted in your other thread. Sorry should have read further
  3. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Got it! Thanks
    I will look into getting just a compressor. I'm a building contractor & have an account with a local home/commercial a/c shop.
  4. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

You can get Mod # and Ser # off the existing actual unit (not the cruise aire #). Replacing it is as simple as cutting the refrigerent lines re-welding the new ones and recharging. If the system is a split unit doing it in the boat can sometimes be a little tricky from a space perspective.
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

On the compressors are a bunch of numbers. May start with AKA*****. There is your main part number. you can Goggle it in and find a local source and idea of the price. Of course, The A/C guy has to make a living and his cost will be more.
    If you have access to nitrogen, R22 and can sweat a joint, You To can replace a compressor.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

What controls do you have? If they're the old 3 dial controls ditch them and upgrade to digital controls as they don't have the safety features of the new controls and delayed compressor starts. Marine Air SMX II controls will go right over the panel of the old 3 dials. My advice, put in NEW systems completely and don't half ass it. The difference in price is 10-20% and you'll have no worries. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish, if you need new units I can save you some money on them, either marine air or cruiseair, just PM me.
  7. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

I mistakenly posted photos on the other threas "mystery discharge" in Tech discussions.
    Capt. J, I'd like to hear what you suggest. I'll pm