Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Westport

Cranchi Yachts, any experience with them?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by richie hunt, Jan 3, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. richie hunt

richie hunt Guest

love what I'm seeing in the 43 Eco Trawler. anyone know much about those boats?
  2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

We used look after a couple of sports cruisers, which they are best known for. Sort of mid-market quality built boats, no idea about the new Trawler range.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

We have been on one Cranchi years ago. Just for engine service.
    I observed typical Italian design and quality. Above quality to the Muts I have criticized lately.
    The owner at the time loved her and stated she was a keeper.
    Volvo power. Typical cramp engine room.

Can you lead us to the ad web site? Some locals may know her.
  4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Is this a still "new" leftover 2015? I may have seen this boat or one like it cruising the ICW in Ft Lauderdale last weekend. I'll admit that I didn't know what she was. I'm curious as to the price. Visually, she is not my cup of tea.
  5. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

A friend of mine has 44' Mediteranee and is extremely pleased with the realibility. First owner, no problems in the last 6 or smth. years. But the boat is serviced at the factory (we are close enough for that) and maybe that's the reason why.

Don't know much about the trawler though... But if you like the design, one company from my country (to be a tinny bit patriotic) also makes 44 trawler along those design lines.
  6. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Cranchi are good boats. They compare well with Beneteau's, Jeanneau etc which is the price range they compete on.

Cranchi are very production orientated that means changing little stuff from the company is a big challenge.
    They lack a bit in the fitment area I guess, and you can see where they do the cost cutting if you have an eye for detail. But I think where it matters the quality is of a good standard.
    Even Pascoe has a good word for them when he reviewed an old 40 Meditterranee some years ago. We have loads of the subn 50 feet models locally; 36/37 Smeraldos, 32/34 Zaffiro, 40 Atlantique and 48 and all age well. Even though the gelcoat of those ten years plus models was not particularly shiny its stays the same in a very hot and humid central med area over the years

Do not accept the fitment and quality of a Grand Banks in a Cranchi 43 Trawler as is the price. But compare her with a similar priced Beneteau 44 Swift and then the challenge is fair.
  7. C42

C42 New Member

We are currently considering a Cranchi as our next boat.
    Had a look at the new models at the Boot in Düsseldorf today.
    Nice and modern looking boats, I like the “out of the box” kind of way they design their boats.

Interior on the new models also has a good feel to it, maybe not quite the finish of a Fairline, but the general impression is very good!
    Especially the technical/electrical and hull (grp) parts are very well put together/laminated.

When you watch a video of their production the quality in the whole lamination process and the attention to detail are obvious.
    The automatisation in their building process helps to keep prices low and to assure a constant level of quality.

Well, at least that’s my opinion on Cranchi ;-)

Oh one thing that really shocked us was the price for the M44 ht on display. Around 750.000€...

Btw. favourite boat of the show below 50‘: probably the Fairline 48 GT and the new Ferretti 450!

But back to Cranchi: Good value for money I‘d say! And from what we‘ve seen at the Show today the Beneteaus, Prestiges and Jeanneaus all had some quality issues I wouldn’t have expected at a boat show, but that’s a different story and probably nothing that applies to all Beneteau Group boats in general.

Best regards from Germany,
    Tim
  8. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Good post Tim.
    Thx