Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking

Cost of Owning a Roamer

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by junkero, Jan 27, 2007.

1. junkero

junkero New Member

I'm totally new to this boat thing. I've become interest in buying a boat for cruising and live aboard use. I have a lot to learn before I even get the boat. Classes, research. What I'm interested in how much it cost, roughly, to own a Roamer. 40 or more feet up to 55 feet. I would like to own something with some room. I'm interested in the Roamers for their metal hulls.
    So I come to you owners for an estimate on costs. Upkeep, Pulling it out of the water. Motor up keep. Any information would be useful.
    thank you for your time.
    Kris Larsen
    Rimforest Ca.
  2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Truth in advertising

Metal hulls are one of the "best" compromises in boating - all things considered (wood rots, fiberglass gets blisters, cement, well, aint happening).
    Still, the truth of the matter is that the purchase price soon equates to the "ante". :eek:
    Owning (slip fees, etc) and maintaining a 40 to 55 foot yacht will run you at least 5-6-7-10K per year. Plus, there's also the less advertised side of boating:
    http://www.geocities.com/boating_mayhem/ :p
    Not trying to discourage, only illuminate.
    Keep us posted on your "final" choice. ;)
    Cheers!
    Eric
    "Tin Tonic"