Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Burger

confirming experience

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by 993RSR, May 14, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. 993RSR

993RSR Senior Member

This is a serious question asked in a smart ass way to protect the innocent. But...

Hypothetical question:

Lets say a person hires a Captain for his 70' MY based on a resume and interview. The Captain starts work and after the first week the Captain on paper and the Captain on board do not match. Several inconsistancies begin to unfold.

On this hypothetical resume this person listed 2 years as Captain of (3) "Gallant Ladys". Now the fact that he mis spelled Gallant (gallent) was probably a typo but who could I verify this experience with. I know, I know its a little late fo that :(
  2. captbkoch

captbkoch New Member

I would suggest speaking to prior employers, other brokers. There are a bunch of "Gallant/ Gallent Ladies". Not just the ***** boats.I have come across a few people with experience with the ***** boats that I would not hire. I hope this may be of some help. Thank you for your time in Fort Lauderdale. Brian Koch (954)-655-4185
  3. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

hey dbltime...good chatting with you the other day. man this guy is REALLY turning out to be one hell of a score! go shopping man. there are people out there that are hungry and will do a good job. the amount of peacocks in this industry amazes me more and more every day. i have seen it quite a few times, but most recently, at a rendezvous, an owner(and a really cool one at that!), that is selling his 90 foot boat because he can not find a good captain/crew. just giving up after 3 years. going to get a smaller sportfish that he is more comfortable running himself. very sad! :confused: :( :mad: