Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for MotorCheck Click for Walker Click for Comfort

Chris Craft Corsair

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by barh100, Nov 4, 2004.

1. barh100

barh100 New Member

Did anyone see the new Chris Craft Corsair 36' in Fort Lauderdale? I think it is a very beautiful boat. I would much appreciate if anyone can show us some photos, thanks!
  2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Artist Rendering_Corsair 36

Here you go - all I've found so far.
    Enjoy! :)

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

It looks like the Speedster on steroids.. and that's a good thing! They've got a real winner with this boat. It should prove popular.

I've got the press kit on it. I'll upload next week. Beautiful boat... just wasn't sure if we should cover on YachtForums, as it's not exactly a yacht. ;)
  4. barh100

barh100 New Member

That would be great, thanks!

Sorry to create a topic of Chris Craft as they are indeed no yachts. I tried to find some info on the internet but I didnt found something and I was forced to ask here and AGAIN I found everything!! :)
  5. YachtForums

If you want high-res pics, let me know and I'll forward them when I crack open the press kit. Give me a few days... lots to do around here right now. :)
  6. Tad

Tad New Member

Hmmm.....to quote from my Merriam-Webster " yacht \yat\ n [obs. D jaght, fr. Middle Low German jacht, short for jacht-schiff, lit., hunting ship] : any of various relatively small ships used for pleasure cruising or racing. "

This raises the question; hunting for what?

All the best, Tad ;)
  7. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Dose of Reality

They say ignorance is bliss.
    But then again, maybe not.
    Here's the cure - Chris-Craft YaCHET. :D
    (1975 CC Roamer MY 82' - "Soft Wynd")

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  8. YachtForums

I just LOVE the old Roamers. The flush deck series offered lots of room and is still a timeless design. Find a good used one and it will serve you well. Eric, what was the URL of that really GREAT Roamer site? ;)
  9. YachtForums

Barh...

I finally received the images from Chris Craft on the 36' Corsair. They are mostly high-res running shots, but they have a few good interior pics. Let me know if you'de like me to forward them to you.. :)

Carl
  10. barh100

barh100 New Member

Carl, that would be great if you could forward me some pics! Thanks!!! :) :)
  11. YachtForums

If it wasn't so BIG, it could have been a contender... to be a good tender! :D

A pic of this threads topic, the Chris Craft Corsair 36'...

Attached Files:

12. YachtForums

Attached Files:

13. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Eye of the Beholder

Actually, for today's "yachtsman"/ocean liner owner - she'll fit right in, no?

Attached Files:

14. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

There's no such thing as "too big". Octopus has a 59' tender and a 40' submarine. The Chris Craft would fit right amongst the toys on that ship.
  15. YachtForums

Guys...

This was all in fun! Don't take me too seriously. Certainly a 36' boat is not too large to be a tender (on many vessels), however... the 36' Corsair is a BIG 36' boat. When you see one in person... you'll see what I mean. This thing has presense!

To keep things in perspective... Chris Craft has a 36' *Roamer*. This is a full blown express cruiser, whereas the new Corsair is also 36', but it is based on the CC's performance runabout series.

Again, when you see it in person, you'll see what I'm talking about. :) Here's a link to some pics of the 36' Roamer...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436

To keep things in perspective... the new Corsair is larger than Sea Ray's most popular express cruiser, the 340 Sundancer. It's also larger than the typical Riva of years past... which is 33 feet long and often considered to be a huge runabout. :p
  16. Jaye Thirteenth

Jaye Thirteenth New Member

Its too bad Chris Craft won't be at the New England boat show later this month, at least they are not listed as such. I'd love to take a look at the interiors. They are certainly impressive for their length.

-Jaye
  17. YachtForums

Hi Jaye,

I've got interior shots on the entire Chris Craft line. Let me know which boat you're interested in and I'll send 'em over (hope you're not on dial-up!).

Have to say... Chris Craft has done a remarkable job of resurrecting the retro era and capturing the essence of their original runabouts. They look SO good, you'de have to think twice about owning one of their classic woodies. Reminds of what Ford has done with the new Mustang...

By the way... Welcome Aboard! :)
  18. YachtForums

Just checked the C.C. disc. I've only got interior pics on the 36' Corsair and the Roamer 40'. Maybe I'll put a few of these in the CC Roamer Forums. Whatta ya think Eric?
  19. Jaye Thirteenth

Jaye Thirteenth New Member

Thanks for the welcome, this forum is great- so glad I happened upon it.

And yes, I'd be thrilled to see some of the interior pictures of the Corsair36. The exterior design is so clean, I can't wait to see how they handled the cabin spaces (you wouldn't have a shot of the engine too would you?). You can email them to me or post them in the Roamer Club forum, either way would be great.

-Jaye
  20. YachtForums

Jaye,

Sorry so late. Busy beyond belief. I'll get those Corsair pics up later today. :)

Carl