Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker

China's Yacht Industry

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by gump, May 2, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. gump

gump New Member

Please help China's Yachts industry.

China is a big yachts market in the next 100 years, and China has a long coastal line. Do you feel interesting to travel around China, and do you feel interesting to make money from China?
    OK, I'm doing some yacht industry plan in China, but I feel I need more information about America's yachts industry. Maybe you can help me, I think.
    I list some problem or questions, please help me to answer some.
    1. Who can provide ABYC regulation to me? For every yachts export to America should be checked under ABYC, SO at least I should know ABYC. I really need it.
    2. Who can share with me about America's law about yacht's entertainment or yacht's driving? China is poor in policy.
    3. How to calculate yachts profit and cost estimate? Who can provide some special website or some way or tell me directly?
    4. I got some information from www.nmma.org, that’s really perfect website. I think some of you must know this website, even some are members of this website. Who can share with me some date from this website? Just like BOATING 2002(SUMMARY STATISTICS), IMPORT/EXPORT RECREATIONAL MARINE ABSTRACT, and so on.
    My dear friends, please answer me questions actively, I need these information. What you do are helpful to China’s Yacht’s industry. Thank you all very much.
  2. Capt. Joe

Capt. Joe Guest

Hello gump and welcome to the forums.

The very first thing you need to do is become an ABYC member and purchase the Recommended Practices publications. As a member of ABYC, you will have all of the organization's assets at your disposal.
    http://www.abycinc.org/

As for the rest of your questions, you may want to establish a working relationship with a Marine Consulting firm in the US or Canada.
    I operate such a consulting company in Toronto Canada, and have worked with a number of Caribbean governments in the planning and execution of pleasure boating and marine manufacturing infrastructures. The logistics and implementation can be an awkward process for countries where marine activities on a pleasure basis have historically been limited to heads of state, such as Cuba for example, where the basic understanding of what is expected of a modern marine production facility, mass marketing and even properly designed dockage facilities until very recently, were none existent.

In any case, this particular forum is not the appropriate vehicle for fostering commercial relationships, however you are welcome to email me personally, so we can further explore the possibilities.
    gjberta@marinesupportonline.com
  3. gump

gump New Member

Great! Thanks a lot for your answer.I'll email you immediately.
  4. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Something new in boating...

..., which a nascent "yacht" power like China might want to consider:
    http://www.freedomboatclub.com/
    Gives you an idea of what folks here in the States are choosing when it comes to boats - club membership, not ownership.
    Or like the sales brochure says, "Own the water, not the boat"
    Hmmm,...., must be a reason.
    ;)
  5. charlesyachts

charlesyachts New Member

Hi Gump, great to see your article. We must come from the same trade. I am in a motor yacht building company in China. I hope we can establish a regular contact to share the interested topics.

Charles
  6. Peter

Peter New Member

ISO STANDARDS

Hi Gump,
    The world is bigger than only the US. That's why they made ISO or International Standards (AINSI the American Institute of Standards and SAC Standardization Administration of China are also members of ISO TC 188). Have a look at WWW.ISO.CH on TC 188 which is the technicall committee for small craft (2,5 to 24 m) you will find 64 standards on boatbuilding.

(http://www.iso.org/iso/en/Standards...ommittee=&scope=CATALOGUE&sortOrder=COMMITTEE)

These standards are also proof of compliance if you want to export to Europe. Also have a look on Notified Body www.ecb.nl for more information on European Legislation.