Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Walker Click for Westport

Chief Mate 1600 GT looking for work ,in Palma

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by lealtomas, Jan 26, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. lealtomas

lealtomas New Member

Hi,
    I´m a mate looking for work in Palma. I have a full IMO commercial endorsement issued by Spanish authorities, ARPA certificate, GMDSS(GOC),first aid,advanced fire fighting and valid IMO ENG 1 .I speak fluent French and Spanish , good English and some finnish. I´ve been working for four years in yachting industry onboard Spanish flagged yachts and i´m searching for a yacht with multilingual crew. I like watersport and fishing above all.
    My endorsement allows me to get a CEC for any country or flag.
  2. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

But what license do you actually have from what country?
  3. lealtomas

lealtomas New Member

All certificates and license are from Spain.

STCW A-II/1 Certificate of Competency for Officers in Charge of a Navigational Watch and Chief Mate 1600 GT (IMO /SPAIN nº 929)
    STCW A-IV/1 General Operator Global Maritime Distress and Safety System. (IMO nº135629)
    STCW III/4 Engine Rating. Support on unlimited propulsion power. (IMO nº3820)
    STCW A-VI/1 Certificate of Familiarization, Basic Safety Training and Instruction for all Seafarers.
    STCW A-VI/2 Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than fast rescue boats.
    STCW A-VI/4 Medical First Aid and Medical Care.
    STCW II/2 .1/12 Automatic Radar Plotting Aid (A.R.P.A).
    STCW A-VI/3 Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate
    ENG 1 Valid Medical Examination in compliance with ILO conventions and International Treaties.
  4. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Thank you. That is much better, now a prospective employer will know where your certificates "fit" on a safe manning document.

Sorry to nitpick but even the crew agencies are horrible when it comes to stating the actual level and limitations of a candidate's certificates, and when reviewing CVs it is rarely worth the trouble to request information that should have been supplied at the start.