Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport

Chef looking to work on boats

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by lukegarnz, Jun 20, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. lukegarnz

lukegarnz New Member

Hi,

I'm currently working as a chef for 2 michelin star chef Michael Caines at his restaurant in exeter but am wanting to get on a boat as a chef. I know i have to get the STCW 95 and ENG1 but was wandering how easy it will be finding work with no yachting experience? I'd appreciate any help and advice anyone can offer me.

Many thanks

Luke
  2. Crewagency

Crewagency Guest

Yacht Chef

Hi Luke

currently I am searching for a Head Chef on a 100m plus MY.

Start is ASAP 5 Month ON / 1 OFF / Year.
  3. lukegarnz

lukegarnz New Member

Hi crewagency, I haven't actually done the STCW95 or got the ENG1 yet, the next course for the STCW95 available to me isn't until august so wouldn't be able to start until after then. If this is any good please PM me but if not i understand. I was wandering how many people would it be cooking for?

Thanks

Luke
  4. Crewagency

Crewagency Guest

NO work without STCW and ENG1

OK to answer the question.
    It is impossible to find work without StcW and ENG1 on bigger Yachts.
    The Yacht experience is not so relevant for a Head Chef on bigger Yachts even
    when this Yachts are mostly Private used. Here your behavior and relationship with the other Crew counts and the Crew food otherwise you will soon know what keelhaul means.

But if you want to take a step on a Charter Yacht you have to show a good record and excellent references from former Captains.