Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger Click for MotorCheck Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder

Carver 564 propeller replacement

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by C. Fletcher, Jul 27, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. C. Fletcher

C. Fletcher New Member

We have a 2003 Carver 564 w/ Volve Penta's 675. Need a new propeller 29x31 ZFP 490 w/ 2.5 no longer available from Carver. Any suggestions?
  2. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Call Michigan Wheel... and read them the stampings on your original props. They may well have been OEM suppliers anyway.

-Chris
  3. C. Fletcher

C. Fletcher New Member

Thanks Chris, I just emailed them, were desperate now!
    Chery
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Any good local prop shop can find you just about any prop...
  5. C. Fletcher

C. Fletcher New Member

Thanks, right now my husband wants to replace with same, the boat runs so good and excellent power he doesn't want anything to change it.
  6. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Carver doesn’t make props... with the model number, type etc any prop shop will be able to get them

At the very least Carver should be able to tell you who the manufacturer was...
  7. C. Fletcher

C. Fletcher New Member

Thank-you. I did email Michigan Wheel today as Chris suggested in a previous post, hopefully it won't take too long to get them, we're in the northeast and I hope to get back on the water soon! Thank-you for your help.
    Chery
  8. Poppa John

Poppa John New Member

May I ask what happened to your prop ? If it was damaged, a prop shop can also repair it.
  9. C. Fletcher

C. Fletcher New Member

We were going through Woods Whole on the way to Martha's Vineyard and we hit a ledge in the middle of the canal! It went from 20.2' to 5.5' in a second. We tore off the port rudder, bent the shaft and destroyed the port propeller, the left side propeller just got a little dented up. My husband just wants to replace all of it. Even the repair shop said no saving it. They said they have to cut a whole in the bottom to get at the rudder mechanism to replace the rudder. It's a big mess!
  10. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

A good shop should be able to match the other port (left side propeller just got a little dented up) wheel.
  11. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

No canal in woodshole and no ledge in the deep and well marked channel either. But there is a strong current that can you push out if you don’t pay attention. Plenty of rocks if you stray out...