Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Walker

Carver 4207 replacement venturi wind screen

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by clovehitch, Nov 15, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. clovehitch

clovehitch Member

I have a 1988 Carver 4207 and looking for a replacement or a company to make a replacement venturi wind screen. I have a three piece wind screen and the forward center section is cracked and has severe crazing. I have tried a local custom glass company and they are not positive they can perform the job. Does anyone know of a shop that may be able to help with a replacement.
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

If there's no one in your local marine directory, just about any plastics fabrication shop can easily do that job, it's not that difficult. The fab shop doesn't need to be marine specific. Especially if you're going to remove and replace it yourself. You could also ask nearby boatyards who they use. I even used a sign shop once because it was the only place in town.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  3. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Clovehitch - I see you're on the Chesapeake. I have had replacement venturi windshields fabricated from both patterns and from the original at Total Plastics 5424 Pulaski Highway Baltimore, MD 21205. They have always been good to work with.
  4. clovehitch

clovehitch Member

Thank you RER and SeaEric for your response. I will definitely contact Total Plastics and also local plastic fabrication shops in my area.
  5. clovehitch

clovehitch Member

Update information.
    I contacted Total Plastics in MD and NJ along with a local custom glass shop. It appeared that I was either having difficulty in explaining what I wanted or they were not interested in making a replacement venturi screen. I then contacted Bryan Volez, Aftermarket Sales Support Manager, Marquis Yachts, LLC, (Marquis and Carver Yachts.) He was able to provide me with the original manufacturer and part number for the venturi screen. The original manufacturer is Taylor Made Products in Gloversville NY. After contacting them I can say that I sent the original assembley to them and they are replacing the cracked panels with the original design and color venturi screen. If anyone has an interest in persuing this avenue for their cracked or damaged venuri, then please IM me and I'll be happy to supply you with additional information. I will post another update ater I receive the venturi and have it mounted on the boat.
    boatwerks likes this.
  6. boatwerks

boatwerks New Member

Hi Clovehitch,

i’d love to get some contact information if you still have it? Windscreen on my 4207 Carver is cracked and I would love to get it replaced. Any help would be appreciated.
  7. clovehitch

clovehitch Member

boatwerks,

The contact info I have is,
    Taylor Made Products
    65 Harrison Street
    Gloversville, NY 12078
    518-773-9400

I do not recall who I met with but they were very friendly. They do not have the frame molds but were able to replace the screen using the original frame I sent them.

Good luck