Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay

Captain Wanted

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by TripleTreasures, Feb 10, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. TripleTreasures

TripleTreasures New Member

I am planning a visit to Italy in August 2007 to take delivery of a 68' Ferretti. My family would like to cruise the east coast and Croatia for a few weeks.

Can anyone recommend a resource to locate an English/Italian speaking captain?

In addition, any suggestions as to ports of call or sights would be welcomed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. mik-48

mik-48 New Member

I am in the area and know several good captains. I can spread the voice if you wish so.Just advice some more details about your plans.
  3. nilo

nilo Senior Member

I have done this trip twice when I got delivery of a 53 and then a 68 in 2001.

At that time Ferretti was also assisting with their delivery captains, have you checked with them as well?

The east coast of Italy not very interesting. Can comment more on spots to avoid, like Bari. Pescara has a nicenewly build marina. But I would recommend that you do not miss Trani. You can fuel there as well. This town looks like nothing has changed since medieval times.

If you will be moving to the west side, you may fuel at Crotone and then although there is no well sheltered harbor visit Taormina in Sicily. Vibo Valentia has a nice marina and it is also a service point for Ferretti. Safe fueling as well. Enjoy your journey and the 68. I have had wonderful trips and a good experience with the boat.
  4. GrahamF

GrahamF Senior Member

Hi

Croatia is a must go very beautiful, the advise that Nilo gave is good advice. It is like nilo said on east coast of Italy is nothing. I would rather spend my time in Croatia. It all depends how long you are going to come over to Europe for. If you give me some more info on your trip then I will put the word out for you for a Captain here in Mallorca. Enjoy you 68 Ferretti I worked on one for nearly 2 years.
  5. aeronautic1

aeronautic1 Member

Adriatic

Yep, I also chime in on an Adriatic cruise. Slovenia, Croatia and by all means do the Greek Isles and Turkey. I have just finished a job on a Ferretti 68. PM me if you have not found your captain yet.:cool:
  6. cspia

cspia New Member

If interested I am yacht broker in Croatia and have cople of my friends Captains on a yachts who know Med area especially Adriatic, local places, where to dine, berth connections, etc. Language is no problem the crew here speaks fluently Englis, Italian and German.