Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Westport

Captain Richard David

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by fifitrix, Jan 10, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fifitrix

fifitrix Guest

Hi

Does anyone know of a Captain Richard David or the vessel he Captains?
    He works for a private yacht charter company based in Chelsea but regularly sails out of Hamburg.
    The yacht is 100metres long and has a crew of 50 and room for 12 passengers.
    Any information would be helpful or even if you could let me know where I could trace the Captain and find out who the yacht belongs to?
    Thanks for your help.
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I believe the boat he is on is called Pelorus which belongs to the same guy as Chelsea Football Club does.

K1W1
  3. georgedavid

georgedavid New Member

captin richard david pelorus

he is now on queen k but has been on severl others ,le grand blue,ultima 3,eco and others
    there are rumers about a sub on pelorus but there is not one i know because i have been on the boat and met the captin:cool:
  4. aeronautic1

aeronautic1 Member

Port Call Romance?

Did he leave you with child during a port visit?:rolleyes:
  5. toira

toira Guest

disappearing captains:engineers.

Only a guy could jump to that conclusion.
    Can anyone help with the where abouts and what yacht he may be on at present, if not working on shore of Capt Les randall aged 63 based Ft L.
    I am trying to trace him for very different reasons than your sick last reply.
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Les Randall was working for the Yachtmaster Training mob on 17th St last time I had a beer with him in Waxys about 3 yrs ago.
  7. toira

toira Guest

thanks

Thank you.
    I need to know where my Dad is right at present;
    Yes Les randall has an adult daughter and 2 grandchildren, which he does know about and has contact with.
    He was once married to my mum, an ex stewardess in the days before yachting was as it is today.
    The usual story the Engineer and stewardess.
    IYT president is often less than truthful and evasive about Dad's where abouts when we need to get in touch a.s.a.p.
    Do not let Dad eat any off the greasy fry ups in Waxys if you meet him there again.
    Thanks again
  8. toira

toira Guest

Where do you all get off????

On Sunday evening I posted that I needed to get intouch with my Dad a.s.a.p and still do.
    Family matters.
    Anyone who knows my Dad and the poem Sea Fever by the famous poet J Masefield will understand.
    One kind gent offered me some assistance but God there is some tactless, unkind down right rude and offensive bipeds out there in the Yachting world.
    I have been asked who my mother was, what her maiden name was, was I really his daughter. I was made to feel like a fatherless child to put it politely.
    That I was some kind of man eating creature, out to claim myself a Daddy.
    No sirs I have one Dad and have had for the last forty years.
    I am quite happy with the Dad I have.
    I was informed who my father use to date, have a heart.... a daughter does not want to hear about a fathers conquests or sex life.
    One person who thought they could put me in touch asked where I lived before where I now presently live;
    When did I move there, how long etc??????
    Then this person had the sheer cheek to say I think you are who you say you are!!!!!!!!!!
    My God no wonder my father sheltered me from the yacht world in general,
    I was not sure if I was talking to prof Yachtsmen or rejects from Hollywood wives.
    I am most certainly proud to say I am Les Randall's daughter and have never been so insulted and offended in all my life;
    My father is a gent with good manners and I thought that many in his world many would also be gents!!!!!!!
    You guys need a few lessons from him in the art of being polite and well mannered.
    What disturbs me the most is that I have no contacts in the Yacht world and up until two days ago I thought my life was very private and no one in the yachtworld new anything about me, my God was I was wrong.
    This freaks me out, who needs MI5 just ask those in the yacht world about any old Joe Blogs in the Universe and they will know.
    My father would have a blue fit if he knew his daughter had been constantly asked very private and rude questions to proove who her Dad is.
    Gain some manners you guys;
    Get your heads out the gutters and let the sea breeze clean up those mucky minds.
    Most of us are what we say we are.
    One very offended Captain's daughter.
  9. toira

toira Guest

What school did you all go to?

What school did you all go to?
    Certainly not one that teaches a good comprehension of The English language.
    After my curt, disgruntled reply yesterday, I turn my PC on this morning to emails from those I am sure who are trying to be helpful but have hacked me off even more.
    I am not looking for my birth family and I know who my father is.
    Also told to grow a thick skin, no I think not, not a pretty sight.
    Only thing thick round here, well need I say it????
    You guys need to gain some manners and look up the word tact, rude and offensive.
    MY FATHER IS CAPT LES RANDALL AND ALIVE AND KICKING.
    I know exactly who I am and my family.
    To the if he is alive person, yes as far as I can gather he is still very much alive and kicking.
    Make comments like this and you will give folk heart attacks.
    Dead we would know what ocean he is on at present and not have to listen to I am still greatly in demand, I am a busy man, just one more season or project.
    I think these yacht training schools need to teach a course on tact and communication with family members.
    They could call it PUTTING ONES BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE OPENING ONES MOUTH.
    You guys that work in the yacht world know time with family is precious, do you actually comprehend what it is like to be the ones left on land, dealing with everyday life, worries etc and trying to get in contact when you are at sea etc.
    I suggest some of you guys read a few English Comp books whilst floating.
  10. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

As no reader knows what has been said off this board, there is no need to post comment after comment we can not follow. So for the time being I am closing this thread and suggest you continue this discussion in private.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.