Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta

Canvass and Eisenglass Carver 4207

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Captrko, Sep 21, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Captrko

Captrko New Member

Looking for cheap opinions and ideas about replacing Canvass and Eisenglass

Took my boat out yesterday and was running through some various Anchor Drills, Dingy Drills...(fun with 3 Colombian Flight Attendants) and some cruise tests --high speed and low speed cruise getting fuel flow/burn rate...

anyway I digress, during the high speed 24 Knot run...I had a piece of Eisenglass blow off from the bridge---just a corner piece that I removed and stowed up on a seat, it landed in the water and sank!

I tried to get my crew through a "man overboard drill and we circled around the area but no luck, I am without a small side piece on my bridge!

My options:
    Replace all of it.....it is getting close to the time-the current stuff is useable but it would not hurt

Replace just the piece I need....they I will have a mix of old and new?

thoughts?
  2. autowerks

autowerks Member

I sure wish my pig would run 24kt....

Canvas is a fortune...Replace as needed.

I am disappointed you didnt text me pictures of your crew!
  3. sam356

sam356 Member

If I was you just replace the one thats missing. You need to find out why your canvas came off, make sure your canvas is tight top and side pieces. I lost side canvas in a bad strom i didn,t realize how loose the canvas was.
  4. Captrko

Captrko New Member

My canvass come off because my stupid ol' self left the removed pieces on the hardtop aft of the Capt'n chair....it blew off during "high speed" trials!

I may just get all new Canvass if my company gives me that BIG raise I deserve! LOL!
    ;)